PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Supplies

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Have you guys used the Lapierre elbow hook, for tubing? I watched a video on it but, went to Lapierre's website and couldn't find them. Wanted to try some this season. I'll try to find them at the local maple producers supply store.:)

adk1
09-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Have you guys used the Lapierre elbow hook, for tubing? I watched a video on it but, went to Lapierre's website and couldn't find them. Wanted to try some this season. I'll try to find them at the local maple producers supply store.:)

Nope, I bought the slide fitting. Gonna try that.

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I saw the slide fitting too. Does that just slide down by the hook to run one of your drops to? I was alittle confused on what that one does.

tuckermtn
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
slide fitting is the way to go. You need the separate hook for the far end of your lateral. but the best system I've found yet for both ends of lateral. two big thumbs up from me.

Maplewalnut
09-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Go see Randy Loch over in Springeville, he'll talk you through it. Or feel free to PM me, I'll be up you way snowmobiling before long!!!

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-09-2011, 08:11 PM
I know the Lochs. I was over there slot this past season. Have you ever been to their open house?

3rdgen.maple
09-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I agree slide fittings are the best thing going.

Greenwich Maple Man
09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Go see Randy Loch over in Springeville, he'll talk you through it. Or feel free to PM me, I'll be up you way snowmobiling before long!!!

Yes, snowmobiling music to my ears. Sick of hot weather, bugs and sweat. Ready for hunting season and then fire up the machines!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!

Maplewalnut
09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
No never been to their open house, i am always boiling still myself!

ennismaple
09-14-2011, 12:55 PM
We use the Lapierre elbow hook for the head tree and the slide fitting to connect the lateral to the mainline just prior to the manifold. We like the elbow hooks but the downside is the sap has to go around the tree.

red maples
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
yes I use the slide fittings they pretty slick but for any new end tree I am gonna use the hollow braid rope. I tried it last year on one tree and it was great and it doesn't slide at all easy to use. and it doesn't have to go around the tree just straight up to the tap hole!!!

adk1
09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
that is definatly one thing that I am considering...that end tree tap.. not being on vac I worry about the sap going around that tree...