PDA

View Full Version : Drop flue

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Okay, you big producers are gonna laugh at me when I ask this. What is a drop flue pan? I know somewhat what they are. Ive seen pics. Buti always see drop flue evaporator or drop flue pan. I only have a half pint, so I don't have 4 pans like some of you guys do. Just wondering. Let me know:confused:

Haynes Forest Products
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Drop flue means the flues in the pan drop below the arch rails. Raised are above the arch rails. Now the difference is the flues/divided bottom are down in the fire zone of the arch. This type of arch is deeper in the flue pan area. On a raised flue the fire is directed up into the flues so the arch is very thin in that area. Raised flue pans are taller because the liquid/sap level is above the rail and in a dropped flue its below. Raised flue pans have a float between it and the syrup pan because the higher liquid level. If you took a dropped flue pan and cut the bottom off and flipped it over with the flues pointing up into the pan you would have a raised flue pan. There are some other differences but its close.

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah I had a pretty good idea, but you cleared it up pretty good, thanks. :D

Thad Blaisdell
09-08-2011, 03:24 PM
When Flatlander comes on dont believe him when he tells you that its a flue pan that has been dropped:lol:

Flat47
09-09-2011, 05:44 AM
When Flatlander comes on dont believe him when he tells you that its a flue pan that has been dropped:lol:

But then it would go full circle, because you'd raise that pan back up. So now you'd have a raised dropped flue pan.

Jec
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
MAX Flue:lol:

Thad Blaisdell
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
MAX Flue:lol:

Thats when you jump in and push the dents out with both feet.

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Thats when you jump in and push the dents out with both feet.

and at the boil off they dont boil very much harder than a reg flue, not in my eyes or pocket book

3rdgen.maple
09-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Drop Flue?????? Isnt that when you finally get over that nasy sickness in the winter. Some people around here get a shot for it so they dont get it. The Max flue is the worse and you know your about to get the max flue when the raised flue starts to set in. I hate getting sick.