PDA

View Full Version : Flooding

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey any of you guys out there especially in Pa., cause that's where I'm at gettin flooded? I have water about 20 ft or 30 ft away from the sugar house. The pond is very high. I had to get the tractor and move some wood piles. Just wondering if any of you pa. Traders are having flooding troubles.:confused::o:cry:

steamvalleyFarms
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Thankfully not that bad, I am just North central enough that we are okay. Basement is the is wettest I have ever seen it but no major damage. Sugarshack is okay (Thought it would be pretty close to getting flooded), but I wouldn't be able to get to it if I needed to because the creek is too high. I have inlaws on the Loyalsock where it is much worse. Water got up to the Window that is above their sink in the kitchen--still expected to go up some. All thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been flooded. Especially those who also got swamped last week too.

waysidemaple
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
This is by far the worst flooding I have ever seen in my area (Troy, Towanda, PA). If any of you are familiar with the towanda courthouse the river is up to that. The towanda airport has water up to the top of the hanger doors! Bridges are out everwhere, schools shutdown and now being used as shelters for those that were evacuated. One town near Rome, PA was evacutated by helicopter last night. I'll be posting pictures later of the damage.

Scott

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
09-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I heard about the Troy area flooding. Are you flooded at all? My sap house has a leak and the pond is way high, but that's about it. Where are you in Troy, because Troy isn't that far from us.

waysidemaple
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
We are flooded pretty bad...but towanda is worse. Our pond is gone...totally washed out. So far the water hasn't really gone down buyit seems to have stopped rising. My house and sugar house are high enough so they didn't flood but the barns and horse pasture got flooded. I live a mile east of the route 6 and 14 intersection. Route 6 is one lane out front because the other lane is gone.