PDA

View Full Version : Auction Sept. 10th

christopherh
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Maple equipment auction this Saturday at noon. It's at 1537 Easton Rd Orwell, Ohio 44076. Auctionzip.com and Farm and Dairy have some of the equipment listed. Just want to pass this on. Chris

Father & Son
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Heading out early tomorrow morning with Daryl for the RO seminar & auction. Hope to meet some "Traders" and put a face to a name. Ordered my RO Monday and looked over what was already there for the sale. We'll see how much other stuff showed up.

Jim

Rossell's Sugar Camp
09-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I saw that in farm and dairy too. I couldnt make it because we were building a retaining wall on the uphill side of our sugar house.

Gary R
09-11-2011, 07:22 AM
I was at the auction. I counted 8 mapletraders there. Mapleflats wins the long distance award:) He was there to pick up an RO he bought. There were some good deals and some not so good. Nearly a dozen evaporators were for sale. Two Lappierre's went for great prices. I sold a couple of vacuum pumps and flat pans. Sadly, all us tight wads from PA went home without anything. Someone needed to break the ice and open their wallet:lol:

heus
09-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Lots of people were at this event. Wish I would have been able to bid on a couple of the bulk tanks. Got to talk to Gary R, Sugarmaker, Daryl, and Father and Son.I cant believe how cheap some of the dairy vacuum pumps sold for. Ray's ROs have really caught on. Hope to be able to get one next year.

BLB12345
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I was there as well. As someone who is just thinking of getting into syrup production it was an interesting event to attend.

Dfrenzy
09-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I had it in my plans for the day but the Lake Erie Perch bite was standing in my way.

220 maple
09-13-2011, 07:10 PM
My equipment dealer Henry from Somerset County, Pa. was planning on being there. He told me he was taking some syrup barrels to sell. I guess it was a consignment auction?

Mark 220 Maple

Gary R
09-14-2011, 06:08 AM
It was a consignment auction. Henry was there, but I didn't get to meet him. He bought one of the Lappierre's. A 3 X 8 all stainless arch, good as new for around $6700. A 3 X 5 steam away was sold separately that was built for this rig. It was like new also, $1750. I think he is still grinning:)

Father & Son
09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
I think alot of us were sleeping on that one.

Jim

Sugarmaker
09-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice maple event for the local syrup makers. I did so much talking my jaw was sore. Great to see others from the area and eyeball Ray's R.O.'s which look to be a great value.
Visited with Nate (one leg john) Jim (Father and son), Daryl, Gary R., Jason (Heus), and Gary Bilek, Jeff and Tammy Elsworth, Lester Sherrod and Mike Braun, Probably missed some one:)
Good time and good food.
Yea I came home with Cub Cadet parts not maple stuff! Guess I just didn't raise my hand often enough.
How come after I spend 2 years designing and building a steam away they sell one exactly like I need for 1/4 the cost of a new one:) That was a great deal!
Regards,
Chris

OneLegJohn
09-19-2011, 08:27 PM
You PA guys are all right in my book! I think we need to have a few more of these auctions to drive prices down.