PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear

Greenwich Maple Man
09-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I hope I don't get hung for this. I know this is a maple sight but everyone for the most part seems to be a woodsman. So my question is does anybody know of a good spring bear hunt in Quebec, New Brunswick etc.Looking for a hun that isn't to expensive but a quality trip. Love to bear hunt and hoping to find a good trip within driving distance. Any info appreciated.

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-07-2011, 03:41 AM
I hope I don't get hung for this. I know this is a maple sight but everyone for the most part seems to be a woodsman. So my question is does anybody know of a good spring bear hunt in Quebec, New Brunswick etc.Looking for a hun that isn't to expensive but a quality trip. Love to bear hunt and hoping to find a good trip within driving distance. Any info appreciated.

just post it in sugar Inn section next time for unrelated maple posts

CBOYER
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Heres the rules for non resident in Québec:

http://www.mrn.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/online/wildlife/hunting-regulations/special-rules/non-residents.asp

Bear licence was $150.37 for 2011

Heres the link for outfitters in Qc:

http://www.pourvoiries.com/en/

Hope this help you, if you need more information, or problem with french, please ask me and i will help..

CBOYER
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
This one has been recomanded by afriend on a Quebec hunting forum, seems to have good prices

http://www.pourvoirielereveduchasseur.com/index.html

here is a photo of a 425 lbs black bear catch in Gaspesia QC spring 2011

KenWP
09-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Quebec has one dumb rule that makes it impossible for me to want to hunt the critters. You have to haul the whole bear out of the woods to a check station. Then haul it home skin it and then throw the bear away someplace where no one will find it. That is the day I actully eat one of them. Back in Alberta every bear I shot was in a place where I would still be hauling if we had to take the whole bear out. It was actually legal to shoot one and leave it lay there skin and all. Sort of pointless.

CBOYER
09-07-2011, 08:26 PM
KenWp, this is from the hunting regulations:

Transport and registration of game
Within 48 hours of leaving the hunting area, a hunter who bags a caribou, a white-tailed deer, a moose, a ]black bear [/B]or a wild turkey must himself present his licence and have his animal registered with a person, corporation or association authorized by the Department. He must state the calibre of the firearm used and the registration plate number of the vehicle used to transport the game; then allow the punching of the transportation coupon(s) and, if it is a bull moose, permit the marking of the antlers. In the case of a moose, the hunter must also produce the licences for which the corresponding transportation coupons have been affixed to the animal. Special conditions may apply to hunting white-tailed deer in wildlife sanctuaries and outfitter establishments with exclusive rights (see Sharing of the antlerless deer hunting licence and Hunting white-tailed deer in a group) as well as to hunting moose in wildlife sanctuaries.

Every hunter who bags a big game animal or a wild turkey must, at the request of the wildlife protection officer, allow him to register it immediately.

Every wild turkey bagged must be transported and submitted in its entirety, whether or not eviscerated, at a registration station.

When registering a bagged black bear, hunters must present the animal's carcass or pelt.

Greenwich Maple Man
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Quebec has one dumb rule that makes it impossible for me to want to hunt the critters. You have to haul the whole bear out of the woods to a check station. Then haul it home skin it and then throw the bear away someplace where no one will find it. That is the day I actully eat one of them. Back in Alberta every bear I shot was in a place where I would still be hauling if we had to take the whole bear out. It was actually legal to shoot one and leave it lay there skin and all. Sort of pointless.

Are you saying you wouuldn't eat Black Bear? I have killed a couple and have to honestly say would prefer it over ANY meat. Everyone that we have served it to loved it as well. I do get them cooled off within a few hours of killing them. I think that makes a difference with any animal.To each his own I guess.

Greenwich Maple Man
09-07-2011, 08:44 PM
This one has been recomanded by afriend on a Quebec hunting forum, seems to have good prices

http://www.pourvoirielereveduchasseur.com/index.html

here is a photo of a 425 lbs black bear catch in Gaspesia QC spring 2011

Appreciate you assistance. Will be checking it out. Thank you!

CBOYER
09-07-2011, 08:47 PM
if you hunt Bear near "human garbages", dont eat it..

Greenwich Maple Man
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
if you hunt Bear near "human garbages", dont eat it..

Agreed!!!!!!!!! You are what you eat!

KenWP
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Never shot a bear near human anything. We are talking on top of a mountain and I mean a mountain not a hill. Still would have trouble eating the thing. I know what they eat and turns me off. Most of my bears have been shot in the fall also.

C.Wilcox
09-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Never shot a bear near human anything. We are talking on top of a mountain and I mean a mountain not a hill. Still would have trouble eating the thing. I know what they eat and turns me off. Most of my bears have been shot in the fall also.

Ken- That poor old bear was probably as tough and stringy as you by the time he got to the top of that mountain. You need to look for a soft fat one down at the base of the hill!

Come over and shoot one of our cornfed bears and you might change your mind. There's no rotten salmon for them to dine on, just corn, so they end up being a pretty reasonable white meat.

KenWP
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I want to shoot one Quebec deer in my life somehow to see if the meat tastes like a Xmas tree or not.They eat so much cedar i am told they taste different here.

I imangine bear meat is edible but being a bear turns me off. But then I eat a pig and they eat everything including each other all the time also.

concord maple
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Greenwich Maple Man,
A group of us have hunted 5 times within the past 7 years near Bathurst, NB Canada with Bear Paw Outfitters. One of these hunts was a fall only archery hunt. The outfitter specializes in archery hunts but guys have used rifles, muzzleloaders, and slug guns. You will see bear but it depends on the size of what you want whether you take a shot or not. Thus, this is the reason we've hunted with this outfitter 5 times. I have been successful with a muzzleloader and a bow there along with other members of my party. I thought the meat was excellent. Had a pa. bear a few years back and I don't think it tasted as good (possibly garbage eater as mentioned previously). PM me if you want more info. or details. I can tell you stories for hrs. about the hunts with this outfitter.