PDA

View Full Version : Maple Producer's Grants

adamsmithnny
09-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if there are any grants for starting a sugarbush? Sugarhouse being built now. I understand that one can be obtained for advertising (t shirts, websites, and promotional items) but what about the evaporator?

batsofbedlam
09-05-2011, 10:24 AM
If you are a farm business and have a state tax number, you can qualify for a USDA Energy Conservation Grant.
Google UDSA NRCS.

tuckermtn
09-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Try a search on here (one of the options along the top of page)
Lots of previous posts and threads on the topic

3rdgen.maple
09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
You need to join and contact the New York Maple Producers Organization. Yes there are grants and they will help a producer through the process. The thing is I do believe the grants for the year are done. So you would have to wait if there are any coming up in 2012 to apply for. I know a few RO's got paid for last year.

maple flats
09-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I do believe those grants are only to help a producer make his operation more efficient. When I asked I was told it would not pay for any expansion costs.

adamsmithnny
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks for all of the information. I was just wondering. Just starting out and I guess my next step in the right direction is to join the Maple Producers Association now. Once again thanks, Adam.