PDA

View Full Version : Home-made "Releaser"

Toby
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way to make a releaser for a vacum system. I know someone that made a home-made releaser before, but they had numerous problems with it, so i'm looking for ideas.

I've also thought about trying a "standpipe" releaser. The only problem is i figure in order to run 15psi of vaccum my stand pipe would have to be about 35 feet high. Has anyone had any luck with one of these?

brookledge
02-19-2006, 07:36 AM
You can do a search in previous forums there has been alot of dicussions in the past.
Keith

Toby
02-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks Keith, I found the discussion...i'll have to do some reading to catch up with everyone....wish i had found this before i dug out the fluid mechanic book and spent half the night figuring this stuff out!!

~Dave

tmccrumm
03-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I can send you plans for a simple home made releaser that was published int he Maple Digest many years ago. I have built two using a SS beerkeg. Contact me at tom@massmaple.org

David Hagelberg
02-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to make a releaser for a vacum system. I know someone that made a home-made releaser before, but they had numerous problems with it, so i'm looking for ideas.

I've also thought about trying a "standpipe" releaser. The only problem is i figure in order to run 15psi of vaccum my stand pipe would have to be about 35 feet high. Has anyone had any luck with one of these?
I made one out of 10" plastic pipe 10 ft tall. I put a $40 1" electric pump at the bottom with a check valve and it worked fine, the sap never built up at all so a shorter pipe would work. I just layed a piece of plexyglass on the top so I could see what was going on inside. The vacuum port was a ft above the sap inlets. which had a 90 elbow pointing down. The pump was from Northern tool # 109955-2701