PDA

View Full Version : Lining my arch

philkasza
08-23-2011, 06:17 AM
I have a 5x12 oil fired arch that had bricks in it,but I don't want to put them back in so how should I insulate it?

thanks
Philip

maple flats
08-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi temp ceramic insulation board or blanket.

whalems
08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
There's in Grand Rapids that sells ceramic blanket end cuts pretty reasonable.

www.indfirebrick.com

hope that helps, Mike

oneoldsap
08-23-2011, 07:23 AM
There's in Grand Rapids that sells ceramic blanket end cuts pretty reasonable.

www.indfirebrick.com

hope that helps, Mike

One layer of board and one layer of 2400 deg. blanket works well . You don't want the bottom more than 12" below your burners . You are going to want to brick the bottom and use 1 layer of blanket over the brick , so that they don't get too hot and interfere with shutting down ! That's how we did ours and it works good , just enough heat excapes to keep the sugarhouse warm ! An angled bulkhead going up to the flue pan from about 3" back from the front of the firebox will direct the heat into the flues . If you don't do the angled bulkhead your front pan will get real hot in the back and your flue pan won't ! ours was a 5X14 also . Are you using one burner or two ?

Haynes Forest Products
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
What shape is the tin on the arch. If its hole free and strong. I used only blanket on my oil fired. I put in 2 layers all over and then used scraps to conture corners. In the combustion chamber I took the cut offs and sripped them in 1/2 and overlaped seams. Its 9 years old and its like new. I have removed it to inspect the metal and all is fine.

lakeview maple
08-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I just ordered and recieved 2300 degree 1" 8lb ceramic blanket from the refractory depot for 70 bucks delivered .It was like 50 for the Blanket and 20 for shipping ,email them for small orders and you will contact Robert Stevenson, Al