PDA

View Full Version : Fall trip

Josh Nickles
08-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if you guys ever have any meetings in the fall. Ill be spending some time in NW PA this fall for work. Just thought it would be nice to meet some of you.

Father & Son
08-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Not much other than monthly business meetings during the fall. What part of the fall and where will you be?

Jim

Jim Schumacher
08-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I will be heading out there too in mid to late October, Angela maybe coming along as well. I'm going to need you Ohio and Pennsylvania guys to make an interesting itinerary for us. We are really into strange, beautiful, or abnormal things. Are there any waterfalls or covered bridges along the way or nearby?

Jim

heus
08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Jim,
Ashtabula County, Ohio borders NW Pa. It is known for its covered bridges and has the longest covered bridge in the US, we also have the shortest covered bridge. There is a covered bridge festival some time in Sept or Oct every year. Also the Spillway in Linesville, Pa (Father & Son's neck of the woods) is pretty "strange". Thousands of Carp fight over bread thrown to them by tourists. Its where the "ducks walk on the fish."

Gary R
08-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Josh,

Let us know when and where you'll be. I'm sure you could check out a couple of sugarhouses.

Covered bridges are getting rare in PA. A**holes keep burning them down. Only a few small waterfalls in this area. You may want to check out Presque Isle in Erie for sights. Steelhead will be running in the steam that enter the lake. Go to Avonia and they'll be stacked up waiting for the state to harvest them.

Father & Son
08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Jim
The covered bridge festival in NE Ohio that heus is talking about is linked below but they are well marked and can be viewed anytime

Covered Bridge Festival,
http://www.coveredbridgefestival.org/

If abnornal is required, the Spillway in NW PA will fit the bill. This has been a tourist attraction for decades and it was given a multimillion dollar facelift just a few years ago

Pymatuning Lake Spillway - The carp are so thick the ducks can walk on there backs,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIE6DxtcSGU&feature=player_detailpage

Sugarhouse tours/BS sessions can and do happen routinely

Haynes Forest Products
08-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh i see how it is jim. You come up to Door County because its Beautiful and then you stop by my cabin to get the other 2 things out of the way at the same time:mad:

Jim Schumacher
08-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh i see how it is jim. You come up to Door County because its Beautiful and then you stop by my cabin to get the other 2 things out of the way at the same time:mad:

That is correct Chuck. We really get a fix when we go to the Door Peninsula when you are in town. The landscape is BEAUTIFUL, and we find you to be very STRANGE and ABNORMAL. Whenever I meet a fellow Trader that knows that I know you they always ask, "what is that guy's deal?". That always makes me laugh.:):lol:

Jim Schumacher
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Jim
The covered bridge festival in NE Ohio that heus is talking about is linked below but they are well marked and can be viewed anytime

Covered Bridge Festival,
http://www.coveredbridgefestival.org/

If abnornal is required, the Spillway in NW PA will fit the bill. This has been a tourist attraction for decades and it was given a multimillion dollar facelift just a few years ago

Pymatuning Lake Spillway - The carp are so thick the ducks can walk on there backs,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIE6DxtcSGU&feature=player_detailpage

Sugarhouse tours/BS sessions can and do happen routinely

Thanks Jim. I checked out that Youtube video of the carp and ducks. That is crazy! I imagine those fish are invasive right? Why don't the make use of them somehow? They could net them and use them for fertilizer of food at the zoo or something?! That gets me thinking, I'll be coming home with an empty trailer... :)

I look forward to meeting all of you! We should all get together somewhere sometime. Josh, when will you be travelling there for work?

Jim