PDA

View Full Version : Christmas sales

firetech
08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Ya I know it's still summer but I'm beging to think of ways to promote Maple Syrup for the holiday sales season. I've never had syrup past September but this year it is a strong possiblity. I've been picking up baskets at yard and garage sales to reuse as gift baskets. Here's the ????'s. What do you offer in a gift basket as far product that I make or have to purchase, pricing how much time to figure to make the basket and mark-up on purchased items, shipping what is the most cost effective method, packaging methods boxes and peanuts or air buble wrap. I know someone is doing this can we share some thoughts please. Thanks Herb

adk1
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
never really thought about it as I dont plan on selling like that. Sounds like that is alot of work though.

collinsmapleman2012
08-19-2011, 04:43 PM
baskets, easter "grass" for packaging and wrapped all in plastic. pancake mix works good in baskets... ill think of others

moeh1
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
either more maple-related products popcorn, cotton candy, peanuts, mustards etc, or more local products ( chocolates, etc) if you are promoting regional interest.
Marty

MapleHarvest
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
We did gift baskets last year and did fairly well. We get pre-orders and make them up. Get some nice looking baskets, easter grass, etc then we bottled in glass, used jelly jars for sugar, added candy, fudge and nuts. We provide an a la carte menu so customers can create their own baskets (provide prices for each item) and/ or have some basket packages pre made to choose from. Post some pictures on your website so they can see how nice they look. We up our prices a little to cover the materials and labor. Add shipping costs too. I think it makes a great holiday gift.

Don't forget to put you business card ( or as we have, magnets)