PDA

View Full Version : What some guys will do

Haynes Forest Products
08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Well word has it that Jim Schumacher decided that it would be easer to ask his soon not to be silent partner in his Maple products business to marry him. I understand that he decided to do it while his leg is still in a bandage so he didn't have to get down on bended knee. I'm also led to believe that he spent all his money on a new sheet metal brake that can fold Stainless into wedding table favors and make flue pans. When I saw him last he was polishing up a scrap cut off from a draw off port into an engagement ring that he was planning on screwing onto Angela's finger. I guess he was pretty nervous about the proposal so he was going to do it at the bottom of a water fall so she wouldn't notice that he wet his pants. I wish them well and much happiness.

GramaCindy
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
OMG Haynes….you are HILARIOUS! I always look forward to your posts, sarcastic, and funny! LOVE IT!:D

Flat Lander Sugaring
08-17-2011, 07:13 PM
http://youtu.be/9E-WasNzVpI

Jim Schumacher
08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Well word has it that Jim Schumacher decided that it would be easer to ask his soon not to be silent partner in his Maple products business to marry him. I understand that he decided to do it while his leg is still in a bandage so he didn't have to get down on bended knee. I'm also led to believe that he spent all his money on a new sheet metal brake that can fold Stainless into wedding table favors and make flue pans. When I saw him last he was polishing up a scrap cut off from a draw off port into an engagement ring that he was planning on screwing onto Angela's finger. I guess he was pretty nervous about the proposal so he was going to do it at the bottom of a water fall so she wouldn't notice that he wet his pants. I wish them well and much happiness.

Alright. Chuck is right indeed. Over the weekend I did get engaged to Angela, the instigator of my entire maple career and hobby. I did it at the base of one of our nearby waterfalls in case SHE wet herself (I hope she doesn't log in here for a while). We never talked about it at all so I really dropped a bomb on her. One correction though, I did get down on a bend knee but was unable to straighten it again so had to crawl a few miles back to the road. The new brake does everything but make wedding rings, reflecting my shortsightedness. I actually had to pay full price for something supper shiny.

xyz5150
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Jim Schumacher

Alright. Chuck is right indeed. Over the weekend I did get engaged to Angela, the instigator of my entire maple career and hobby. I did it at the base of one of our nearby waterfalls in case SHE wet herself (I hope she doesn't log in here for a while). We never talked about it at all so I really dropped a bomb on her. One correction though, I did get down on a bend knee but was unable to straighten it again so had to crawl a few miles back to the road. The new brake does everything but make wedding rings, reflecting my shortsightedness. I actually had to pay full price for something supper shiny.

OK now i see why you didn't call me back until Tuesday it was all of the hot... weather and long driving that made you take a extra day off.:lol:

Daryl
08-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Jim,
Congratulations.:)
When is the big day? Is the trip east the honeymoon?
Daryl

Jim Schumacher
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks Daryl! :) We were thinking about scheduling the wedding for the weekend closest to the 15th of March, its a beautiful time of the year. And we definitely expect you and all the other mapletraders to be there too!!! There will also be related activities for the following several weeks that we won't want you to miss:o

Actually we don't have much planned yet. If one you guys out in PA are licensed to do so maybe we should just seal the deal as we pass through. Also, if one of you knows how to do carpaltunnel surgery that would be great. I could let it heal while I drive home.

Thanks again!!

CBOYER
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
i am very surprise that a woman accept to mary you, you seem to be a "rebuilt" man, cuts and surgery every where :lol:

Jim Schumacher
08-18-2011, 04:56 PM
i am very surprise that a woman accept to mary you, you seem to be a "rebuilt" man, cuts and surgery every where :lol:

I agree with you completely. I really lucked out, she looked only at the model year and not at the mileage. ;)

Father & Son
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
March 15th, I guess I'll just let my sap run on the ground while I go to a wedding - - right!
Carpaltunnel, anything is possible with a sharp hunting knife, a screw driver, and a pair of plyers.

All kidding aside, CONGRATULATIONS!

Jim

Haynes Forest Products
08-18-2011, 05:06 PM
You think your Carpal tunnel is bad now wait till you get married:o OH YEA you think because your getting married you will get all the ........................STFUC:emb:

Haynes Forest Products
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Plus he is going to register at ROTH SUGAR BUSH

Dennis H.
08-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Congrats Jim.

I know that I am getting a little ahead for yea but I can see every aniversary will be SS, Heck with all that tin, gold, platinum, silver, diamond. It will be SS every year!!

Why in the world would you pick mid March for the big day??
I have just thought of something. You picked that date so that all your guest can, I mean will be, helping with collecting and hauling sap. Sort of you picking the gift that they WILL be giving you two.
Man you are a genius!!:evil:

Anyway Congrats.

Josh Nickles
08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Congratulations Jim!!! I guess I thought you were already married...looking forward to meeting you in person this fall. Is Angela making the trip with you too?

Jim Schumacher
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Josh, I am hopng Angela can make the trip but am not completely sure. If not, the carpaltunnel will be worse then ever.............STFUJ. I am looking forward to meeting all of you more distant traders too!

Thanks for all the congrats guys!!! If I'm going to catch up to Chuck we will be doing this many more times...:o

Haynes Forest Products
08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Dang Jim dont follow my lead. Im all for renewing your vows. I might have a few beers and say my 4th wife hasn't been born yet but not in front of #3:mad:

maple flats
08-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Jim, congrats! May your marraige be as good as ours. In less than 8 weeks we will celebrate our 44th anniversary, and every year keeps getting better. Never any thoughts of a number 2 (or 3 or 4 Haynes). Best wishes.
Dave

BobU
08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Congratulations Jim,

Condolences
Angela.

Just kidding!!!

J and A, March is a great time to get married, For the honeymoon you can chase each other around the woods (gathering sap), and have a "hot time" at night (boiling syrup).

Haynes Forest Products
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
OH CRAP he said he was going to be boiling with me this coming year do I need a CHASTITY BELT:o:emb:

xyz5150
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Haynes Forest Products

OH CRAP he said he was going to be boiling with me this coming year do I need a CHASTITY BELT

Just dont pick anything off the floor if he is around.:lol: