PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Evaporator Health Concerns

Old Long Ridge
02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know of any scientific data (or even non scientific data) suggesting that aluminum evaporators might pose a health risk?

Rob Harvey
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
If you are asking about a link between aluminum and alzheimers I believe I have read that that has been disproven. Rob

brookledge
02-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I think the biggest hurddle would keeping it from sagging and warpping. Al is very soft and would not hold up to the weight unless it is supported somehow. Also it would be suseptable to corrosion and would pit easilly.
Keith

Pete S
02-27-2006, 10:33 AM
We did a "test fire" an our newly created (out of junk) evaporator yesterday and boiled off some water. The pan we found/are using is a large Aluminum baking pan. We boiled down 5+ gallons of water, and there was no "physical" change to the pan.

I would think that over a good fire an "empty" AL pan wouldn't last long at all.

Now, when we go to boil for hours and hours................I'll get back and let you know.

Pete

hintonsugarshack
02-27-2006, 11:34 AM
I once boiled water in a paper cup. The trick is to have it full of water.I think you will have no problem with your al. pan if you keep sap in it.