PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When You Take It Too far

Old Long Ridge
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I accidentally took a batch I was finishing last night too far and now have maple candy. I was going for maple syrup. Does anyone know if the candy be dissolved back into solution to give it another go? or am I now stuck with the candy I have. It does taste good I'll give it that!

wkies
02-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey there - finally on the board. thanks for dinner. collected 360 gallons today. boiled almost all day...tired! Poured off about 10 gallons. How did it go today for you? Good luck. w

Old Long Ridge
02-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I've been told now that the candy CAN be dissolved back into solution and reconstituted into syrup. I'll give it a go at the end of the season. For all the advise I've recived, no one to actually admit to having tried it themselves. makes one nervous.

Good to have you over last night. Next time with the girl? Meridith says hi.

Also boiling today. Collected 37 gallons today off my 11 trees! remarkable.

I may need to ask you to take some sap away. my 44 gallon container is now completely full. Also contemplating setting up a second evaporator.

wkies
02-17-2006, 05:25 PM
hey- Come down to the sugarhouse tomorrow 2/18. I'll there from about 11am - 3pm. Good luck and enjoy the your visiting family for the weekend. w