PDA

View Full Version : I'm Retiring

mapleman3
07-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello and Happy summer Traders.

Well You haven't seen me much on the trader due to how busy life is for me... work doesn't allow for me to go on during the day like I could a few years back and I have taken on the role as Scoutmaster in our local Boy Scout troop, Actually we just got back from an awesome trip to the rocky mountians in New Mexico... Philmont Scout Ranch where we hiked the backcountry for 13 days and 80+ miles...

So anyway, I relinquished my Admin position back to the owners of the site.."The Maple Guys" , I just felt that in the last year I could not do my Admin responsibilities a quarter of what they should be done and I feel it was not fair to all of you and new members. I am glad though I was able to convince the owners to do the upgrade for security reasons although the classifieds did suffer I'm sure they will continue to work that out.

So I am pulling my Admin "status" and putting myself back to "Maple Addict" ... Oh I'm still doing maple,
In fact I am in the process of cleaning the grime in the sugar house today to get ready to bottle syrup.
It's amazing how no matter how clean you get the place .. the next time you go in more black mold and stuff is already on the stainless surfaces and it's boiling hot water again.....unreal

So I say thanks to everyone and glad to have tried to serve you all......

PS... Any problems or issues should be forwarded through the contact us button or send a PM to "Chris" or "Kim" thats their user names.

cpmaple
07-30-2011, 06:00 PM
mapleman3 thanks for all the time you helped out on this site and hope you have fun as a scoutmaster and one last thing you will always be part of mapletrader to me thanks and have fun cpmaple

Sugarmaker
07-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Jim,
Thanks for all the work you have done for this site!
You are one of the reasons I joined up. Good folks on here!
Regards,
Chris

3rdgen.maple
07-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I noticed you werent around here much and no Clan Delaney either. I think he posted like 3 times all last maple season. So much for us getting away with everything we write now the mods are going to be keeping an eye on us now lol. Good luck and wheres Clan? I miss thise crazy ideas he comes up with like welding nails to his pans lol.

backyard sugaring
07-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Thank you everything you have done for this site. We wish you the best and look forward to your posts. PS I also miss Clan. Lee

mapleman3
07-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Ha ha thanks guys...yeah who knows I may be on here more now that I don't have to work on it
it got to the point that everytime I logged on I had to do something here...It wasnt fun anymore and didnt have time to enjoy everyones posts and storys. I miss that.

You all are also why I did it. .. So I could help out more. But.now glad I can just get on and read and comment. This is the best place hands down and glad I was a part of it.

Pat and I were actually together at the Ma. Maple picnic today. Hes doing good. .has a lot on his mind right now with vehicle issues but I'm sure I can yell at him to poke his head in here now and then

its good to be back.....thanks guys!

tuckermtn
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Jim- yes thanks much for all you did to make this site what it is...

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Thanks again-

Eric

red maples
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks mampleman, upgrades are never easy no matter what you are doing especially when you have thousands of members and hundreds that frequent this site on a daily basis. and it was pretty quick and painless I am sure we all went through a little withdrawl from the trader duing that brief downtime. keep sugaring

Bad