PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

backyardsugarer
02-14-2006, 06:23 AM
I think I am going to be ill and tap Wednesday. That should provide 2 days worth of runs. Getting colder over the weekend. Thoughts.....Is is too early in Western NY? The holes should be fine for 8 weeks so I am good through April which is when I quit anyhow.

Chris

Dropflue
02-14-2006, 11:02 AM
The weather is calling for another cold snap this weekend, I’m going to wait and see when the cold snap ends and start tapping then. It could be a week from now. This is going to be my most hectic season for gathering sap & boiling. I’m starting on a new remediation construction project next week, which means arriving on the job at 7:00 AM and leaving at 5-5:30 PM. :( Previous years I could leave work at 3:30 PM and be home by 4:00PM to start boiling. This year I probably won’t start boiling until 8:00 PM. I’m definitely going to have to find some help this year with gathering. Hey Syrupmaker ! What’s are you doing the next six weeks!! :wink:

hillside maple syrup
02-15-2006, 11:44 AM
where in east aurora are you? i live in warsaw and would love to help out with sugarin??

mountainvan
02-15-2006, 07:29 PM
dropflue, do you know my in-laws the zagrobelnys? been wondering for awhile.

Dropflue
02-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Mountianvan,

The name doesn’t sound familiar. Do they live right in town?

Hillside,

I’m on Jamison Rd (Actually Elma, NY) my mailing address is East Aurora.

maple flats
02-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Going by the 10 day forcast I will sanitise my tubing 2/22 and tap 2/23, will get 2 days then colder again, but the weather should start to get better for a good season soon after that, I hope. I should get all tubing taps in in one day and might get most or all buckets too, we'll see.

mountainvan
02-18-2006, 10:05 PM
to dropflue, they live on north street. I know ea quite well, my kids loved to go to the explore and more and still have to visit vidlers when we're there. my brother in-law is on the schoolboard.