PDA

View Full Version : Bugs bugs bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce L
07-10-2011, 08:32 AM
We have been having a lot of heavy winds and storms here,trees coming down that need to be cut,but deerflies have other opinions.The mosquitos aren't bad,but the deerflies are as bad as kicking a nest of yellowjackets,guess it's a good thing the new evaporator isn't due until Nov.,or we couldn't work to get it in.

802maple
07-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah, it has added to the constant "buzz" of activity in the woods this year, that is for sure.

SSFLLC
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Get a blue bucket rub tangle foot on it. They hate blue. Put bucket on stick and carry around over your head. This will attract them from over 100 yards away. They attack it and stick to the bucket then die. We us this trick here. Works great you may have to clean the bucket a few times we had to. Keith

3rdgen.maple
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Get a blue bucket rub tangle foot on it. They hate blue. Put bucket on stick and carry around over your head. This will attract them from over 100 yards away. They attack it and stick to the bucket then die. We us this trick here. Works great you may have to clean the bucket a few times we had to. Keith

Is that the same kind of idea as the beetle trap in the garden? Put one out for a few beetles and next thing you know you attracted thousands of them.

SSFLLC
07-17-2011, 07:06 PM
No it only atracts the ones that can see it. They hate blue so they go after it. Keith

KenWP
07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
They hate me too so if I rub tangle foot on myself they will attack and die.I have been doing something every time they bite and couldn't spare a hand to kill them off.