PDA

View Full Version : Started today

emericksmaple
02-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Tap about 150 this evening just to make sure the tappers were working ok. Going to go at it in full force tommarrow. Looks like it may be a decent week. I'll let everyone know when we have steam flying later on in the week. Happy sapping to everyone!!!

emericksmaple
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Tapped 2100 yesterday and 1600 today. Boy did it run good today. As I type my dad is boiling and I have brought in 2500gal so far have have to gather one more place. Looks like cold is on the way again and that is good for us. happy sapping!!

rish
02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
tapped 500 today along with the help of my 9 year old daughter. it ran all day and is still running, now after midnight. i got too tired and shut down for tonight. sugar content is 2.8 looks like tomorrow will be another busy day.

500 taps
2X6 grimm
steamaway

sweetwoodmaple
02-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Wish I could be tapping myself. Suppose to hit 60 degrees today.

Broke a bud and I see just a hint of green...not good!!! :cry: Silver and Red's around here are done as far as I'm concerned. Buds are way too swelled.

I have about a week of work to go before I'm ready. I'm missing a good run, that's for sure.

I'm worried that I'll get no light syrup this year with seeing a hint of green in the buds.

emericksmaple
02-16-2006, 07:03 AM
We made 52 gal of Fancy+ last night. I think it froze some last night but I don't know how much. At least i hope my poor vaccum pump got a little break last night! Looks like cold weather coming sat and then slowly warm up next week for us, We'll just have to wait and see.