PDA

View Full Version : stack work

crawflyer
06-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Do any of you Erie or Crawford county guys know where I can get a boot made for my stack?
it needs go from 17 13/16 by 4 7/8 to 8 round. and 24 high.

Sugarmaker
06-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Gary,
I would suggest that you build your own. But with those new pans it better look real sharp:) I built my own and also helped Keith Talbot build his too. My brake might work to shape this piece. It would have a seam on each side that would need to be riveted or welded. Sounds like you have good measurements. Then it would be just lay out and cut bend and attach the two halves.
You could also call Greg Zomchik of Edinboro Industries in Edinboro. He does some amount of custom fab work. I assume you want this stack base in stainless? good place for stainless sheet is Gene Davis Steel near GE on 12 th st in Erie.
I may have a piece of stainless that might work?
Let me know if I can help.
Chris

crawflyer
06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Chris...lol...I know i could slap something together, but you are right....the thing is too dang pretty for my crude metal bending skills. I have several feelers out now and should hear back from them Monday. If you have the stainless and want to sell it and if I decide to build it myself i will let you know.

Thanks...
Gary

brookledge
06-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Can your 8" round be lifted so it can then set down over you base stack? Like Chris said it would be best if stainless. If galvenized the coating will burn off from the heat and then start rusting. either way take your measurments to a heating contractor that does duct work. They could make something for you. Keep in mind that the angle at the top needs to transition into the 8" round enough so the 8" will be able to set down over it. If the angle is left to sharp you will not be able to get a good overlap and a good seal
Good luck
Keith

crawflyer
06-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Keith...yes, my stack can be raised to get everything hooked up. My son is getting a hard copy of the plan for the square to round boot I need. Thanks....Gary