PDA

View Full Version : SWEET

JimD
02-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Well I'm glad to see no one has posted that they have tapped, this seems to be a repeat of last year when everyone wanted to tap early, ahh but the February chill came in.. hopefully this year it doesn't hold on well into March as last year... I would love to tap last weekend of Feb or first of march....

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Who is JimD?? 8O Get lost, your not welcome here! :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mapleman3
02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Ahh he's a Mapleman3 wannabe... hehe, I'm so glad I'm Back!! JimD just doesn't sound right.. :wink:

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Get your butt on here more often, we miss having you on here all the time! :D :wink:

mapleman3
02-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm going to be in the sugarhouse today cleaning and watching the daytona 500!!!! maybe take a day off this week and work in the woods then tap Sat? don't know yet

mapleman3
02-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Looks like Saturday will be the full tapping day, I puttered around the sugarhouse all day today, I was going to tap buckets today but figured I'd wait, I totally shinedup the evap today, soaked vinegar in it and scrubed it down.. looks like new, I pulled the front pan off to look at the combustion chamber, it was still perfectly white and clean after 1 season of oil ... I had it burning perfect I guess.. did some more plumbing for the sap tank and pump to feed tank, installed the inline filter. should be a good weekend. cold but thats okay, the next few days here the sap would run but then it wont untill next week sometime.. so I have time. I have a kid that helps me in the woods each year coming Saturday to help tighten the lines do repairs and tap!! I even got a load of stone for an area in front of the sap tank that is usually mud...so now it will be nice when I back up to it to dump.