PDA

View Full Version : Going to school

maple flats
06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I am giving 4 presentations at an elementary school tomorrow, each 30 minutes long. My audiance will be mixed ages from 1-3 and 4-6 grades. This is my 4th or 5th time doing it.
I just made a new power point presentation to use while talking. I will have from 15-37 students at a time, and samples are always popular. I have a lot of fun doing these each year.
Just after I finished the power point I got a call from the family of some students who were at the presentation last year. They wanted to buy some syrup. Will meet them at the sugarhouse tomorrow afternoon.
Life is good!!!

collinsmapleman2012
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
just a tip, save samples until last. it helps their concentration and then you have a big finish to build on your presentation. good luck, and have fun!!!

maple flats
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
It went very well. I always enlist a teacher to fill the sample cups when 10 minutes remain in each session. Then the samples and coloring books are handed out at the end. I taught 4 sessions, 1=6th grade, 1=5th & K, 1=grades 1 and 2, and 1 for grades 3 & 4. The hardest one was the K & 5th grade mixed only because I had to speak so the K kids could follow and the 5th graders were presented a K grade level presentation. The ones for 2 grades with only 1 year separation went very well. Don't get me wrong, the K & 5 seemed to enjoy it too but the 5th graders could have been presented a more in depth discussion.
I made up a power point presentation last night that did well. However I realized I did not show the flue pan nor a sketch of one until I was on my way home after the presentations. I'm not sure how I missed that. I'll add that for next time I do a presentation.
All in all, it was a success and the kids enjoyed it.

40to1
06-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Could you post the powerpoint?

maple flats
06-25-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm just leaving for vacation. I'll try to remember to post it when I return. It is just a slide presentation with my sugarhouse, evaporator and some tubing shots. I return on 7/2-7/4. There is no sound, I narrated according to the grade level of the audience. The only tough one was when I had K and 5 together, the 5th graders heard a presentation the K's could understand. I'll have to see if I can post it here, if not I'll put up a post with instructions to PM me with your email and I'll send it to anyone interested. The pictures in it my not fit on the FF.

maple flats
06-25-2011, 05:42 AM
OH, and not knowing what program the school had I published it to run on any MS Windows from 2000 on.