PDA

View Full Version : Big - E workers

802maple
06-16-2011, 08:00 AM
If there are any Vermont sugarmakers or friends of maple that would like to expose themselves to fast paced work days at the Big- E down in Springfield, Mass from September 16th to Oct. 2nd, I would be more then glad to hear from you. We would supply a room and a stipend for the days that you work. We like to have people work atleast 2 days. We try to have fun and it is a learning experience for the sugarmaker and customer alike. Many producers have come away from this and started very successful maple businesses after learning how to make maple cream and candies, plus some different marketing angles.

This is a huge promotional event for the Vermont Maple Sugarmakers Association

We even accept sugarmakers or friends of maple from other states, assuming they are willing to learn to do it the right way. LOL just kidding, not really.

802 453 7155 is my home phone, you can e-mail me at jsmasterson@gmavt.net or pm me here

802maple
07-12-2011, 07:54 PM
We are still looking for helpers down at the fair, I figured with all the sugarmakers on here that are concerned with the possibilty of lowering prices in the future due to a huge crop that we all know will happen with all the expansion going on. My assumption here was people would be knocking down the door to help out, but not yet.

Randy Brutkoski
07-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I would Jerry, but I work 7 days a week. Thats what i get for owning a potato chip route. Good luck on the recruiting.

802maple
07-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I understand, no problem Randy

802maple
09-08-2011, 06:44 AM
HELP. we had a somewhat full slate of workers, but because of the flood some people are not able to be there. So this is a good time to step forward and volunteer to help promote our product that we all love so much. We are in desperate need for workers now from 9/16 thru 9/22 and on 9/30 also. If you have some time and are willing to help out please step forward. we strive to have fun and will train you in any aspect of the game if you are concerned about it. If you have experience in what we do, you can train us (well maybe)

collinsmapleman2012
09-08-2011, 08:29 PM
i will be there competing at a landscape/nursery thing for ffa. so i will see you and stop by for some maple. always worth a stop :D

802maple
09-09-2011, 05:03 AM
You have a PM

maplwrks
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
We are 3 days into the Big E and things are going along as planned. Yesterday some of the guys from NH Building came over for a spell---They watched us make more candy in the 90 minutes that they were there than they make all year at the fair!! They were hoping that they wouldn't run out of syrup this year and need to buy their syrup from their neighbors to the west again!! Papa Smiff from Mass. worked with us for the day. He got extremely good at making cotton candy---to the tune of approx. 100 lbs of sugar used. We cut back on the amount of cream made today---maybe only 80 pounds today. Tomorrow a new crew shows up and the fair historically gets a little slower for a few days. It's time to fill the cupboards with candy! We are firing up 2 candy machines to get the job done. If you are at the BIG E--please stop and say Hi!

PapaSmiff
09-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Mike,
I think I washed about 10 pounds of that sugar from my clothes and my hair. :)
Oh well, at least I know how to make it "The Vermont Way" now!!

In all seriousness, I had a great time helping my neighbors to the north. It was fun, I learned a lot, and I'm happy to help.