PDA

View Full Version : craft fair

maplefrank
06-12-2011, 09:39 PM
we r going to our first craft fair sunday.......any ideas????? selling syup, cream ,sugar,maple peanuts, sugarcakes.......

Dan W
06-13-2011, 08:08 AM
I have a small log mounted to a base that I hang a bucket on. It is a nice attention getter and doubles as a trash can for free sample cups. Throw out a few taps of different types for people to look at and handle. A photo album of your set-up is also nice. Good Luck!

802maple
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Don't just sit behind the table expecting the syrup itself. You will need to sell, sell, sell, and sell, oh yeah, when you get sick of that you need to sell, did I mention you need to sell?

Seriously, if you get out front and show you are personable and proud of your product without being cocky. Explain your product and sample as said above, I bet you will succeed. I find that I never or atleast I try not to run down another producer that might be there. Just explain to them why they will be missing out on the best breakfast ever tomorrow morning if they don't take home some of your product. It really does work. Oh yeah smile.

timbers
06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Samples are always good and a good way to start a conversation, have a canopy if the show is outside, plenty of stock and regardless of what time the show starts be ready and willing to sell early.
We have been to so many shows where our neighbour arrives not nearly early enough and we have been selling for the past hour.
Good luck
Ian

maplefrank
06-20-2011, 07:38 AM
it went well for the first time.........but its amazing how many people come to your booth and say they don't like maple..........the peanuts was a good seller!!!!!!!!

Mapleman(Greg)
06-20-2011, 08:11 AM
I get the i dont like maple I am allergic to maple but if I can convince them to sample the wide varieties of flavors and textures my candy has I can usually make a sale.Most folks think pancake syrup is maple syrup.