PDA

View Full Version : syrup resale

Mike in NY
06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
when you buy bulk syrup and repackage/jug it up in your own containers is it right to lable it as your own syrup? If you buy say 100 qts/pnts already jugged up that is already labled md amber but they did not put their producer lable who puts the producer lable on it?

maple maniac65
06-12-2011, 06:10 PM
The person or company that actuallybottled it is theone who's name should be on the bottle. The only exception is if you are bottling for someone else it has to have their name on the bottle but it has to say packed by and then the company name somewhere on the container. Check out your states bottling laws most are posted on the internet.

brookledge
06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
When people buy in bulk and re pack it they are then assuming the liability and need their name on it. If you are buying wholesale quanities of say quarts then the person you bought it from needs their name on it. Also if syrup is bought from another state you should use all state jugs. Like maple maniac said check your state laws
Keith

wiam
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I would not put my name on a jug if I had not seen the syrup go into it.

William

maple maniac65
06-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Maple syrup from another state can only be put in allstate jugs or private label jugs. As long as the private label is not describing being from a certain state. Your label on the private label should read product of the US or if buyung from Canada should say Product of US or Canada.