PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Damage in Massachusetts?

PapaSmiff
06-01-2011, 06:37 PM
We had some terrible tornadoes come through Western Massachusetts today. Lots of damage in the cities (Westfield, Springfield, West Springfield). There has been one loss of life in this area. I'm not sure if there was damage in other areas.

What's happening in your area?

802maple
06-01-2011, 07:28 PM
That was some wild storm, we were down there this afternoon at the Big-E checking out the Maple booth to prepare for the Big-E and left just minutes before it hit. I have never seen such a lightning show. We were discussing how weird the clouds looked, now I know why.

KenWP
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Stupid wind came thru here today and laid a boxelder over on the sheep pen.For some reason she wasn't in her pen when it came down.She who must be obeyed lets it out to play and follow her around. Had to rebuild the pen and it's shelter so I could put it back in.

markct
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
yea i was wondering about softmaple, i know his sugarhouse is very close to the river in that area

PapaSmiff
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Mike's sugarhouse (softmaple) is about 1 mile south of where the tornado hit in West Springfield/Springfield. He's probably OK. Perhaps I'll swing by and check this weekend.

KenWP
06-08-2011, 07:01 PM
My freind in Springfield emailed me today to let me know him and all his guns were okay as the tornado missed his place.Hate to have that 500 S&W damaged.

Homestead Maple
06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
My freind in Sprinfield emailed me today to let me know him and all his guns were okay as the tornado missed his place.Hate to have that 500 S&W damaged.

'bout the only thing that would hurt that is a direct hit from mortar round! :)

KenWP
06-09-2011, 09:11 PM
He worked for S&W for 36 years so it's not the only thing he accumulated while he was there.

Farmboy
06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
My sugarbush was fine till a few hours ago when more winds came thro and knocked down a few trees. My best friend (apexquader on here) lost his house in the tornado. Most of the maples he tapped are gone. Luckly him his sister and parents are all safe. They were in the basement when it went over.

PapaSmiff
06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Farmboy . . . I'm glad to hear that your friends made it through the tornado safely. But I'm sad to hear that they lost their house and trees. Yes, the wind today was pretty fierce, but not as scary as the tornado. I hope everyone pulls through these hard times.