PDA

View Full Version : PErfect time to see where you can open up that canape!!

red maples
05-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Went for a walk in the woods today and marked a bunch of trees to let some light in!!! the leaves are almost 100% full now so it easy to tell where to let the light in without scotching anything!!!

Had enough time to take down 4 or 5 but only got down 3... first 2 went perfect dropped them exactly where I wanted them with out any damage to maples and didn't get hung up!!!! except the 3rd tree of course it was a bit tight and got hung up ****!!! took a while to get it down safely...Tractor small cuts and a long rope!!!:rolleyes:

adk1
06-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Went for a walk in the woods today and marked a bunch of trees to let some light in!!! the leaves are almost 100% full now so it easy to tell where to let the light in without scotching anything!!!

Had enough time to take down 4 or 5 but only got down 3... first 2 went perfect dropped them exactly where I wanted them with out any damage to maples and didn't get hung up!!!! except the 3rd tree of course it was a bit tight and got hung up ****!!! took a while to get it down safely...Tractor small cuts and a long rope!!!:rolleyes:

yes, I ahve been thinking about this as well. I might keep taking down a treee here and there, but right now I need to get my sapwood split

red maples
06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
well I have about 2 cords wood for maple split and stacked several cords chunked and ready to split. but I need to get more hard wood down and split for the house so its ready in time for the fall I have 2 or 3 standing dead and some stuff I had stacked in the woods from last year to start out the winter but need to get stocked up!!!!

adk1
06-01-2011, 09:38 AM
well I have about 2 cords wood for maple split and stacked several cords chunked and ready to split. but I need to get more hard wood down and split for the house so its ready in time for the fall I have 2 or 3 standing dead and some stuff I had stacked in the woods from last year to start out the winter but need to get stocked up!!!!

I have all of my house wood done, cut split and stacked. 5 cord..had that done first week of may. That is priority #1