PDA

View Full Version : maple syrup in Onion Newspaper

tuckermtn
05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
A little maple satire for ya...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/maple-syrup-reactors-safe-canadian-prime-minister,20511/

40to1
05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
That's great!
Very funny.

Some very smart sugaring references in there that make me think there's a sugarmaker on staff at the Onion.

Wardner in Tewksbury
05-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Perhaps the author is not familiar with the Great Molasses Flood not far from the waterfront in Boston. The disaster occurred about 100 years ago. Several people died. Rivets from the large tank flew out of it like machine gun rounds but I think the fatalities were caused by drowning in cold molasses. The tank was probably designed for water and not the higher specific gravity sweetener.

Anyway, more info can be had by using Google. Can't imagine that enough maple syrup could be accumulated in one place where it would be a hazard. Might attract alot of bees, though. Now there is an idea. What would maple honey be like?

Butch
06-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I sure hope proper procedures are in place during transport of those spent rods when crossing the International Bridge at Soo Canada/Michigan en route to the classified holding facility in the Sierra Nevada's...

peckfarm
06-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Just came across this while looking up "2011 Canadian Syrup" on google. Perhaps a maple reactor will be the solution to our impending energy problems in Vermont.