PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Shacks for sale?????

yukonhunter
05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Anyone know where i could buy a sugar shack at around Buffalo or Rochester area. Maybe the amish or something. Thanks guys Looking to buy a 2 x 4 from mason. How big of a shack would you build. Im also going to use it as a fur shed for trapping.

concord maple
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I had the amish down in Conewango Valley build my 12' X 20' with an 8' cupola on the top. This was my second year in it and it has worked great.

yukonhunter
05-30-2011, 10:56 AM
How much did they charge if you didnt mindme asking.

3rdgen.maple
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I have a buddy who sells outbuilding for the Amish and I believe they deliver anywhere in NY. Give him a shout and tell him what your looking for. His name is Dave 607 423 7345 tell him Darrick told you to call. They make buildings that are delivered from a small 8x8 shed to a 2car 2 deep 2 story garage. He is in Cortland by the way.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Its not ny but western VT in Ira VT beatiful post n beam with evaporator, ro and other things for sale, think the price was around 40k. If I remember correctly last name Turco, its on this site some where and haven't heard of it being sold

yukonhunter
05-31-2011, 09:42 AM
dave does not make sheds anymore , but thanks anyways

3rdgen.maple
05-31-2011, 10:46 AM
I knew Dave was getting out but didnt know he was doining it this soon. Always told me there was zero money in it. Sorry about that.

yukonhunter
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM
no prob, concord, could you pm the contact info on that guy thanks

3rdgen.maple
05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Theres is also a place in Mattydale NY just off the thruway and 81 corridor that has a whole big display out front selling Amish buildings as well. The same ones Dave was selling. It is right down the road from my warehouse I could swing in and get you a number if you like.

yukonhunter
06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
already bought one but thank you very much

3rdgen.maple
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Well then some details are in order. What did you get?

yukonhunter
06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Got a 10 x 18 barn style shed 10 ftpeak with a cuppola on top. Cant wait to get it

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Well then some details are in order. What did you get?

ok 3rdgen be good to him, he has been psyched about sugaring for almost a week and he has surpassed ADK1 in building and equipment acquisitions:);)

3rdgen.maple
06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
ok 3rdgen be good to him, he has been psyched about sugaring for almost a week and he has surpassed ADK1 in building and equipment acquisitions:);)

Why in the world would you say be nice to him? I have been trying to help him on his quest for greatness in the maple world. Think about it for a minute He is a NYer, He is a deerhunter, He is a fisherman, He is a trapper and he is now a sugarmaker, its all the ingredients needed to make a new best friend:D. ADK1 is still just a planner. Once he gets past his planning disease he will have the right ingredients as well. LOL

yukonhunter
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
lol this is a good forum ha ha

3rdgen.maple
06-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Yukon you know what the best part of this forum is aside from all the great help and advice and the humor we all throw at each other is? It is the only site I have ever seen on the internet that we all get along, we might have a disagreement (if you can even call it that) once in awhile but respect for each other and their endeavors is always there. Been on alot of chat sites over the years from Hunting, trapping, fishing, printing, racing, political and a few others and just about every thread someone is 10 times a better man than you are, well atleast they think they are. Its an awesome place to be at.

3rdgen.maple
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey almost forgot........... Chumlee I still love you man. You got the ingredients as well I know your not a ny er but heck Im willing to look past that. :D

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Hey almost forgot........... Chumlee I still love you man. You got the ingredients as well I know your not a ny er but heck Im willing to look past that. :D

Thank God I was gonna loose sleep over this. Never can be a NY'er, beautiful country but the LIBTARDS the run that state don't like my Far RIGHT Wing toys:D. I haven't even been to NYC because I can't carry.

3rdgen.maple
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Dont mix NYC up with NY we upstaters consider that a whole different world. Never going there isnt a bad thing either. Unless you like very tall buildings crowded streets lots of pollution seeping out of the place and potholes like sitting in a car for hours to get 5 miles and yep Dems it isnt a place for a human too want to go You can carry in NY just cant even have a gun in your house in NYC, like I said it is a whole different world there and one that needs to change its name and seperate itself from the rest of the state cause its dragging us down in the dumps.

yukonhunter
06-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Us normal upstaters hate all these liberals too, trust me.