PDA

View Full Version : Hand Pump Filter Press

adk1
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Anyone use one of these? Was looking at Andersons 7" mini hand pump press. wondering how it works

motowbrowne
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
I can''t speak from experience here, but everyone seems to rave about Daryl's 5" hand press. I think if I were to buy one I would get one from him. Even without all the positive reviews, buying something from the person who made it, who seems to be great about troubleshooting, seems to be the way to go. I guess if that won't meet your capacity then the 7" would work, hopefully some folks who own them will chime in.

adk1
05-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I can''t speak from experience here, but everyone seems to rave about Daryl's 5" hand press. I think if I were to buy one I would get one from him. Even without all the positive reviews, buying something from the person who made it, who seems to be great about troubleshooting, seems to be the way to go. I guess if that won't meet your capacity then the 7" would work, hopefully some folks who own them will chime in.

Does he have a website?

Dennis H.
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
No he doesn't, not that I know of anyway, but since he is on the trader quite often just send him a PM, His name on here is Daryl

I bought one just to let you know, Great little filterpress. Just the right size for my size of operation. If memory serves me correct Daryl use the same hand pump that I have seen on the wesfab's presses. Also I believe Daryl's presses included a few more plates than the wesfab's. He is now making filterpapers also so if you are worried about where to get them that isn't an issue.

He makes the entire filterpress himself, except the handpump. Great craftmanship.

adk1
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
No he doesn't, not that I know of anyway, but since he is on the trader quite often just send him a PM, His name on here is Daryl

I bought one just to let you know, Great little filterpress. Just the right size for my size of operation. If memory serves me correct Daryl use the same hand pump that I have seen on the wesfab's presses. Also I believe Daryl's presses included a few more plates than the wesfab's. He is now making filterpapers also so if you are worried about where to get them that isn't an issue.

He makes the entire filterpress himself, except the handpump. Great craftmanship.

I have never considered one, and wont be seriously looking into them for a few years (maybe) as everyone knows that I am jsut starting out. Heck, I ddint even know they had hand pump styles!

Father & Son
05-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Here's the thread with pictures. I've used one of Daryl's presses now for 2 years. Can't speak highly enough about it. The plates are machined not cast. Look for yourself.

Jim

http://www.mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=10850&highlight=5+filter+press