PDA

View Full Version : Reversible Raised Flue Ideas

Jim Schumacher
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I am looking for a good design to reverse the flow in a raised flue pan without any plugs. I have a customer who requested no plugs, and I tend to side with him. He wants a reverse flow front pan so the rear pan MUST be reversible. Just looking for some ideas. Any pictures or ideas would be great. THANKS

Jim

Bucket Head
05-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Jim,

I'm not sure if this would help you out or not. My rear float rod connects to my Roberts, or Mansfield style valve like usual, but the valve is a little higher than the float box. The valve is high enough over the box and sap level so that the "sap in" fitting on the inside of the flue pan allows me to either plumb fresh sap to one front corner with a ninety degree elbow and short straight piece of pipe or I can go the other front corner with a forty five degree elbow and a little longer straight pipe. Whichever front corner is not getting fed fresh sap is where my syrup pan feed line comes off of. My photobucket shows the float box in the middle and on the side of my flue pan, and one of the interior flue pan/flues shots show the male pipe fitting coming through the side from the inlet valve, I think. It is that male fitting that I put the elbows/pipe on to take the sap to either front corner. Take a look at the pics and see if you follow what I'm doing. Hopefully you do and hopefully it helps you out. Good luck with it and post some pics of the pan and plumbing, however you do it.

Steve

Haynes Forest Products
05-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Are you making the pan from scratch or are you retro fitting his pan;)

Jim Schumacher
05-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Chuck, I'm building the pan from scratch. I now have the capability of building flue pans up to 10' long with unlimited flue depth.

Fred Henderson
05-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Patrick Phneuf claims to have one now that you do not have to change the pans around on. I have never seen it or any pic's of it.

Haynes Forest Products
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Pritty soon you will be so big we will all be talking crap about you:lol: Next you will be getting payment in advance and turning the phones off:rolleyes:

allgreenmaple
05-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Patrick Phneuf claims to have one now that you do not have to change the pans around on. I have never seen it or any pic's of it. I have his reverse flow set up on my 3' x 10'. Very simple set up really, just a few valves to turn to change flow......

Josh Nickles
05-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Lets see it allgreenmale! I'm curious too! Can you explain?

allgreenmaple
05-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Lets see it allgreenmale! I'm curious too! Can you explain? Pics in my photobucket. Don't have it assembled in the pics, really a simple matter of closing certain valves & opening others to reverse sap flow coming in from the flue pan.

Jim Schumacher
05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Pritty soon you will be so big we will all be talking crap about you:lol: Next you will be getting payment in advance and turning the phones off:rolleyes:

So do I take the payment and immediately stop returning calls? Or do I take payment and wait till after my promised delivery date to ignore customers? And then how late should it be before I finely let them have their equipment? Should I make them miss the whole season every time or does it depend on when they order? Chuck, I just want to make sure I get this right.

Haynes Forest Products
05-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Well with the quality of your product I'm thinking you should be able to get all the money down with a false delivery date and then after at least 5 unreturned phone calls later you can deliver the pans mid season and they will worship your work and forgive you because you delivered it for free:)

halfast tapper
05-28-2011, 08:32 AM
I am looking for a good design to reverse the flow in a raised flue pan without any plugs. I have a customer who requested no plugs, and I tend to side with him. He wants a reverse flow front pan so the rear pan MUST be reversible. Just looking for some ideas. Any pictures or ideas would be great. THANKS

Jim

The rear pan does not have to be reversable. The leader revolution pans only the front pan is reversible. It works real well. Friend of mine has had his about 7 years now , no problem ever. And yes we boil with 13 percent concentrate.

Bucket Head
06-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Are the Leader Max pans reversible, or are they like the non-reversible revolution pans? Just curious. I am surprised to hear that the revolution pan is not reversible.

Steve