PDA

View Full Version : Pan/Divider Question

sandman6921
05-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Hello: I posted this question on the evaporator section, but didn't get my question answered. I am planning on upgrading, after 2 years on a flat pan/block arch. I am planning on building a 2 pan rig, with the front pan being a conventional finish pan w/dividers, the rear pan will be a through tube pan, with the "drop" area being 7" deep, with the pan sides about 12" high ( for an overall height of about 19"). I am planning on installing a divider in this rear pan, obviously from the bottom of the pan, about 12" high. This will give me about 4" of room above the elevation of where the pan sits on the arch frame. Two questions --1. Is this divider high enough? or should I get it closer to the top of the pan? 2. Where in this divider should I place the opening-- at the very bottom of the pan? or at the height of the bottom of the front finish pan? Thanks for your advice in advance.. (and patience with my questions)

RileySugarbush
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Your divider will be 2.5-3" over the top of the sap, which is a little low. I'd go another 5 inches but it's not the end of the world if you don't. A little mixing in the sap pan won't make a big difference. And the opening could be high or low, whatever is easiest to build.

sandman6921
05-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank You! -- I tend to overthink items.

RileySugarbush
05-23-2011, 09:00 PM
No problem. The baffle or divider in the sap pan really just prevents a total shortcut from the float inlet to the transfer to the syrup pam, so not too big of a deal.