PDA

View Full Version : Raised or Drop flue

schellmaple
05-16-2011, 07:39 PM
This question may have been asked previously but i couldn't find anything on it. I was wondering which would be better a raised flue pan or a drop flue pan? I could probably go either way with my pan and was wondering if anybody had some thoughts on it.

U.S.M.C.Cpl
05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I think I saw a new one with both raised and drop flues at the open house... That would give you the best of both worlds or just another option if you cant decide between the two!!!

brookledge
05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Try to do a search again because this has been discussed a lot. As USMC.cpl said Leader now makes a flue pan called the max pan which has short drop flues along with the raised flues to give you a lot of heat transfer surface. Basicly it is a preference thing for many. I have owned bothe styles.
Keith

3rdgen.maple
05-16-2011, 09:30 PM
The bottom line is they both work extremely well, probably not much difference in gph between the two pans in the same size and the most important part is they both make extremely good syrup.

schellmaple
05-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I am leaning towards the drop flue so I will have to look at my arch to see how much room I have. For a 6" flue pipe, how much area under and behind the flues will I need? My pan is curently 18" wide and 56" long.