PDA

View Full Version : SP-22 Site Tube

waysidemaple
05-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I just picked up an sp-22 and the site gauage on it might be out of whack. I was hoping somebody that had one could measure from the bottom of where the tube comes out of the bottom of the pump up to the oil level. That way I can make a mark on the pump itself and not have to worry about wether or not the site tube is correct.

Dennis H.
05-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Theres really not much that can go wrong with the sight glass.

There is the T looking fitting coming out of the pump base and the sight glass fits into this. On mine there is also a brass ring that is around the sight glass just above where it sits in the bottom fitting. The top of the sight glass just has a short length of rubber hose that connects to the metal tube that drops down from the exhaust.

When I measure the oil level I measure from the top of the metal fitting that the sight glass sits in. I usually have about 3/4"-7/8" of oil when not running.
Now the oil level will change some while the pump is running because of the air movement within the crankcase and also being connected to the exhaust of the pump.

waysidemaple
05-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. Thats about the level that is in mine now so I should be all set.

Scott