PDA

View Full Version : Sugar sand formation?

Indiana-Jones
05-15-2011, 09:04 AM
In a continuous flow pan where is the most sand formed, at the sap or syrup ends?

I'm planning to build a 2X5 oil tank rig and thinking I may weld up a steel pan. I have searched here looking for pan designs, but it is hard to find a good search with the word PAN, so many with that word. Could someone point me to a continuous flow pan design?

Thanks

adk1
05-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Closest to the drawoff. If you have concentrate, it will tend to form everywhere more.

Indiana-Jones
05-15-2011, 09:17 AM
If you have a reversible pan, does the sand build up at the draw off and then you reverse the flow. Does the sand dissolve and reform at the other draw off?

Or does it just give you twice the time before you need to stop and clean the pan?

brookledge
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
if you reverse often enough it will draticly reduce the frequency of cleaning. Some times when I reverse flow you can see the nitre flake off as the sap begins to boil where the syrup was
Keith

adk1
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I guess it cleans itself bascially from becoming too bad. Those who dont have evaps where you can switch sides while boiling will do it upon each new fireup