PDA

View Full Version : D&G Open house in Montreal

BryanEx
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I just thought I'd pass this along for anyone within driving distance of Montreal and not on the D&G mailing list. They will be hosting an open house Saturday May 14th & Sunday May 15th, 2011 from 9:00am to 4:30pm. D&G Montreal is located at;
8250 Rue Marconi
Anjou, Montreal PQ

Merna and I will be there the morning with the poorest weather forecast.

- Bryan

70 Buick
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
They have a real nice evap in the showroom
we live about 15 min away from there
Unfortunately we are away on weekends though

KenWP
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to cross the bridge in the traffic they have there lately. You have to pack a lunch to drive to and from work.

70 Buick
05-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Not a problem for you ken, take the tunnel, D&G is right at the tunnel

U.S.M.C.Cpl
05-09-2011, 07:13 PM
do you need anything to go from US to Canada??? I dont have a passport...

Thompson's Tree Farm
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Passport or "enhanced" drivers license. Problem is not usually in going to Canada, it is in getting back home.

U.S.M.C.Cpl
05-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Passport or "enhanced" drivers license. Problem is not usually in going to Canada, it is in getting back home.

well it takes to long to get a passport and cost way to much for my blood, so what is an enhaced drivers license??

70 Buick
05-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I believe it is a chip in your license
costs about half the price of a passport
not worth it here in Canada if you ask me though
Licence is good for 4 years passport for 7 years
Plus the licence only works if you are driving

CBOYER
05-10-2011, 04:34 PM
i have what they call in Qc "Permis Plus", it is a driver liscence whit chip in it, and as you are in file to pass border, as soon you have it in hand, they have your file inside, so they call you by your name when its your turn. it is good only for Canada/U.S.

This liscence is good for entering by driving and by boat only.

Cost is in Qc $54.40 for 4 yrs, ($13.60/yr), Passport in Canada is good for 5 yrs, cost is $87.00 ($17.40/yr) but is good for anything.

Teuchtar
05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I've got a NY State Enhanced permit. I cross the border nearly every week, and its just a painintheneck to carry my passport. Forgot it once, and had hours to drive back home.

But I never forget my wallet and permit.

You just need to show proof of citizenship or birth to get the enhanced permit. Thereafter you can renew it on line, you don't need to go back to the DMV to show mugshots.

I believe you can cross the border both ways with your Birth Certificate. Although I never tried it myself.

BryanEx
05-11-2011, 08:52 PM
The Boss has decided I will be there Saturday AM. :rolleyes:

hmaples
05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Just got back from montreal, really good open house

BryanEx
05-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree and it was interesting to see all of their equipment laid out smallest to largest for each area ... evaporators, RO, filter presses, releasers, vacuum pumps, bulk tanks, pan washers, etc. There wasn't a lot on display for tiny producers such as myself but I was both surprised and impressed to see staff in on the weekend showing visitors how they make each different component of various equipment. I followed a syrup pan being made from straight sheet steel to the ready to ship stage. Anyone looking for big ticket items had very large discounts being offered and the sales reps all seemed busy. If you are within distance of Montreal they will be doing it again Sunday from 9 to 4:30. It must be an annual big event given the tour buses I saw from VT and NY in the parking area. Oh, and very important... the hot dogs were barbecued and pretty decent but the coffee was iffy. :lol:

BryanEx
05-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I believe you can cross the border both ways with your Birth Certificate.
Used to be able to... that has since changed and likely only to get worse in the foreseeable future given recent world events.

Bruce L
05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Bryan,did you see their Tornado wood-fired evaporator running,impressions?That is the only one I have not been able to see in operation.
Bruce

BryanEx
05-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I did see the Tornado running but an evaporator that size is way beyond my comprehension so I can't tell you if it was good or bad. Steam was billowing off it like you wouldn't believe and D&G was offering the demo version for sale after the show for $15,000. Other than that I don't know what to tell you because that's no 2 x 4 flat panned rig I'm familiar with.

KenWP
05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
CDL had there open house this weekend too.The truies don't give me much time to get away and I had quail coming in a week and not ready for them yet.

U.S.M.C.Cpl
05-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Where do you guys look to find all of these open houses???

BryanEx
05-15-2011, 06:20 AM
I've ordered catalogues from D&G, Leader, CDL, Lapierre, and Atkinson's and ever since been on their mailing lists. The US open houses are also usually discussed well in advance here on maple trader sometime late spring.

KenWP
05-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I can only get CDL stuff in french most times and D&G is allways in french at the store here close by.My first time there I needed tubing and wasn't getting anywhere till another fellow helped me out.Now I just ask for what I want. Anti mousse was one of my biggest learning curves. Atkinsons was impossible to deal with as they won't tell me what I need to know before I buy stuff.