PDA

View Full Version : this is cool

Mike in NY
05-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I have syrup going to to N Dakota,Kansas, California and Germany/ Nieghbor has an anual reuinion he attends and they each bring a localy produced item as a gift. I tried to discount the price to him but he wouldn't hear of it. (Idid slip his wife a couple dozen eggs at no charge when h wasn't looking though)

whalems
05-03-2011, 03:06 PM
I shipped syrup to Texas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arizona, California, North Carolina. Kinda neat thinking my syrup is been coast to coast.:)

3rdgen.maple
05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Same here it goes all over the place, Colorado, california, Idaho, ohio, Massachusettes, Florida, Holland and England. I left out New Jersey (5050racing got that one) and New Hampshire and Virginia.

Sugarmaker
05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Good maple product travels fast! You folks are making us proud!:)
Have you used the flat rate boxed? Or what do you find as your best shipping methods? Tricks, Dos and Don'ts?
Chris

Russell Lampron
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Mine has gone to Russia, Norway and Belgium as far as the other side of the big pond goes. In the states it has gone to Vermont, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee, California, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Georgia, Rhode Island and New York. It probably has ended up in other states that I don't know about too.

BryanEx
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Nothing to the States yet but have shipped to Australia, Switzerland, Japan, Philippines, Cuba, and Italy... Alberta and British Columbia here in Canada.

stoweski
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Oregon, Washington, California, Florida, Oklahoma, Arizona, North Carolina, South Carolina and even, yes, New York maple syrup in New Hampshire. Must be sacrilegious for a NH'er to use NY maple syrup! :D

Oh yea, I have some heading over the pond to England too!

Flat rate has been my best choice except for small quantities like 1/2 pints or pints.

Bucket Head
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I had some of mine go to China a few years back. Their son was working over there. Imagine, something made in America getting shipped to China. Its still hard to beleive!

Steve

NH Maplemaker
05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
We have sent syrup to the troops in Afghanistan and also Iraq Thur the NH maple association. Maybe that don't count because we didn't charge!LOL JimL.

GramaCindy
05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I had some of mine go to China a few years back. Their son was working over there. Imagine, something made in America getting shipped to China. Its still hard to beleive!

Steve

Steve, you gotta LOVE the reverse "psychology" on this!!!

Z/MAN
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Delaware, California, Washington, New Jersey and Qatar.

Bucket Head
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Grama Cindy,

I was very surprised when I heard it was being shipped to there! I'm sure all the cargo/package handlers over there did a double-take when they read the "From:" part of the address lable.

Steve

stoweski
05-04-2011, 05:52 AM
That's right, thanks for reminding me. I too sent a couple of bottles over to Afghanistan. I believe the guy I sent it to was lying on the ground with the bottle over his mouth. Said he can't wait for some more!

We have sent syrup to the troops in Afghanistan and also Iraq Thur the NH maple association. Maybe that don't count because we didn't charge!LOL JimL.

talahi maple products
05-04-2011, 07:28 AM
On our 1st year of production, We've sent to Colorado,California,
South Dakota, South & North Carolina,Florida,Penn.Mass.Virginia.:)
We have a Picture of the United States Painted on the ceiling of the Sugar house, That we are going to stick pin locations on.

maple flats
05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
The foreign countries I have sent to are England, Dominican Republic and New Zealand as I remember. I have also sold to Alaska, Texas, Virginia, California, Conn., Colorado, Utah, and likely others I can't remember. The ones going to New Zealand was exciting to supply.

Paddymountain
05-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I delivered some to Honduras in person,I think it would be rather expensive
to deliver every pint that way!

adk1
05-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Is this through word of mouth or websites?

red maples
05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I have stuff in France, England 1 more place over there that I forget. Costa Rica didn't have to ship there they happened to be in the area and took it with them when they left.

in the states:Arizona, California, Ohio, Vermont(who WERE always partial to VT syrup but after they tasted mine now like NH better :)), florida, New Jersey, PA, north Carolina, New York, MA, ME thats all I can think of I think there are afew more??? OH Texas...

I sold mine through website(no shopping cart yet but coming soon) , facebook, friends, family, my mother in-law in NJ sells it at her work.

Dill
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Switzerland, Austria, Lebanon, Costa Rica, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Bahrain. But how do I know I will win this thread? As of Sept of this year, there will be my NH syrup in Antarctica.

stoweski
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
But how do I know I will win this thread? As of Sept of this year, there will be my NH syrup in Antarctica.

Hmm, working on a way to ship to someone in the Artic. :D
Then we'll be even.

Paddymountain
05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
the reason they delayed the shuttle............
well I guess I'm out of the competion!!

Randy Brutkoski
05-04-2011, 04:09 PM
30 quarts and 100 sleeves of candy going to Colorado tommorow. Cha-ching..Candy has been the big hit. I dont even have a web site yet and i have been selling about 20 pounds of candy a week.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
30 quarts and 100 sleeves of candy going to Colorado tommorow. Cha-ching..Candy has been the big hit. I dont even have a web site yet and i have been selling about 20 pounds of candy a week.

Awesome buddy, try some sugar also

BryanEx
05-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Is this through word of mouth or websites?

For me it's from "people who know people over there" or from family referrals.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
ADK1 next year buddy dont make me re post the thread:lol:
I think the only country I have Maple Syrup in is Sudan, not counting Georgia, Missouri, Colorado, Washington, Az of course.

CBOYER
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
hey ..i sold my first gallon of syrup last week, in Québec:lol:
does any of you have ever sold here?

Dill
05-04-2011, 08:11 PM
For me it's from "people who know people over there" or from family referrals.

same for me, deployed family members and overseas friends.

BryanEx
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
hey ..i sold my first gallon of syrup last week, in Québec:lol:
does any of you have ever sold here?

I sold one litre to a guy at work that lives in Quebec... does that count? I even got full price and did not have to put it in a can. I was very proud that day. :D

CBOYER
05-04-2011, 10:57 PM
only 1 litres? he probably drink it directly at work..:lol:

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-05-2011, 04:46 AM
almost all my syrup goes to Canadians:D something about the flavor:lol:JK

Revi
05-05-2011, 04:57 AM
We have sent syrup to Rhode Island, California, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Denmark, Germany and Greece. There are probably other places it's gotten to, but most of it gets sold right here in Maine.