PDA

View Full Version : WMSPA Meeting

jmayerl
05-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Just wondering whos all going to be in Neillsville next weekend. Looking forward to putting some faces with names.

jmayerl
05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
OK.........Guess I'm gonna be the only one there.

Jim Schumacher
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey Jeff, I'll be there in spirit. We will be cleaning up. Just finished boiling on the 1st of may.

jmayerl
05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Thats cool Jim, I already know what your mug looks like! haha

Jim Schumacher
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Well Jeff, what did we miss?

jmayerl
05-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Well Jim funny you should ask. Wife and I met up with a guy while out for fish friday night that wants to colaborate on tapping his 80 acres. needless to say we were overserved and stayed out till 1am and didnt get up until 8am sat. She gave me the option of going to the meeting late or going to maple hollow this weekend. well since the only real reason I wanted to go was for the syrup judging we never made it. So Maple hollow here we come for seminars sat.

BTW I love the new logo Jim!

driske
05-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Agreed, graphically a catchy looking Maple Leaf. Nice call.
Joe and Barb wheel out some fine food and it's all on the House!
Never too old to learn something new. We'll be there for the tubing demo. Got a buddy with two twenty acre woodlots who's getting the fever.:D

Meridian Maples
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
You didn't miss too much by not going to the meeting. Couple items discussed were hauling sap with road limits, the possibility of having a research expert for next years winter institute like Dr. Perkins (which would be a very big plus to the institute) They also talked about the current status of the grant the association is trying to get. That was interesting because for the application the association contacted the Langlade County Forestry Department for a recommendation to promote maple production. The Forestry Department would not recommend because they say maple syrup production is harmful to maple trees. I'm going to try to get a copy of the letter and post it. Just shows you how educated these foresters are??? It was a very interesting letter.

southfork
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, perhaps foresters believe it is more beneficial to the tree to cut it completely down and make lumber from it, rather than poke a hole to make some syrup. You have to admit, one act wounds the tree, and one does not.

syrupkid
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll be at Polak's for the tubing seminar tomorrow, I'll be wearing my Mapleholics Anonymous so feel free to introduce yourselves.

inthewoods
05-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I will also be at polaks open house tomorrow

jmayerl
05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Tubing seminar was ok, I think I probably have learned just as much by hanging out on here 10 hours a day. Heading back with the wife in the morning for the other seminar and to spend some cash.