PDA

View Full Version : So much to do!

adk1
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
My list is a mile long and not enough time. Hope to get it all done! There might just be a weeks vacation spent at home this year in the near future.

3rdgen.maple
04-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah I hear you loud and clear. 15 more loads of slabs to haul home and cut up, run a new mainline form one end of 100 acres all the way to the other end and start with putting a few hundred taps on it, Find more storage tanks, finish this years cleanup, freshen up and polish the evaporator and put it to bed, get to the sawmill and give them a list of lumber for a new roof higher walls and board and batten siding, decide if Im trading up for the 3x12 and if I do tear, down the 3 year old 2x6 and setup the 3x12, remove the head tank out in the addition to the sugarhouse, wait i forgot build the addition on the sugarhouse for the headtank, walk the neighbors woods and flag their maples as they are adding another 100 taps, build a steamaway if i dont upgrade, and thats just the maple world. Need to put the last 2 new windows in the house, reside the back upper level of the house, remorter the chimney, finish painting the house that I couldnt get to last year, cut alot of wood for the winter heat, oh and throw a day time job thats about 16 hours a day into that mix. Ooops forgot i need to replace the garage roof with metal cause im sick of shoveling snow off it and it is now leaking anyways and thats just my list I havent seen the honey do one yet. Good god I think im in way too deep.

Ausable
04-22-2011, 05:37 AM
My list is a mile long and not enough time. Hope to get it all done! There might just be a weeks vacation spent at home this year in the near future.

Ok -- Go to List Two -- List Two starts --- Do I really want to Make Maple Syrup? -- If the answer is No - Have a blast on Your family vacation. If the answer is Yes - You need 10 spiles, 10 containers to hang on spiles, five plastic buckets and lids to store sap, Turkey fryer burner and pot to boil sap and mason jars to store the syrup and still have a blast on your family vacation and make syrup.......... As my Dad would tell me when my plans would get unpractical -- "Keep it simple son and do it"..... So with list two You now have the ability to make Maple Syrup and with list one --- You can someday become ---- ADK1 International Maple Syrup Maker for the World .....

adk1
04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
haha..I am sticking to list one thanks

Haynes Forest Products
04-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Yea lists:mad: I did see the list from the wife and at the number 1 spot was New carpet and tile.The RO was down a few spots. Having the sap shack 1100 miles away allows me to take a break away from it. I do have a list of things to make before next year. Convert a few vacuum pumps to 110 with flood oil. Make a cart for the extra finish pan to scoot it around the shack. Buy a oil well with pipeline to evap:evil:

Dill
04-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I know the feeling. Still haven't finished the clean up. Got to assemble my discbine and get ready to be up and haying by the start of June. So that's 4 weekends, and I have a 4H firearms course I'm teaching for one of those weekends. And I haven't even started cutting firewood for the house or the sugar house.
The good news was I've had a wicked cold that laid me low the last couple weeks, at least it was after sugaring season.

adk1
04-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Well these kinds of weekend days really piss me off. alittle snow from last night turned to a hard cold rain. A wasted day for anything that I wanted to get done in the sugarbush

3rdgen.maple
04-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Hear that loud and clear ADk. I took a day off from work 2 weeks ago after watching the weather report I picked the best day and of course it turned to crap before I woke up, then I took a day off this week that the weatherman said was suppose to be sunny and it thinderstormed and poured all day and then they still didnt get the report right for the day that night. Now its the weekend and its raining yet again and windy. Been the same way for the past 3 seasons. What amazes me is the wind that has been ripping through here the past few years as well. Its like every other day you cant wear a hat. Never was like that in years past but seems to be the norm now.

adk1
04-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I hear you there. Burns my *** to say the least. I could do some work in the garage to start turning it into the sugarhouse but I need to move things to the driveway etc..anywyas, was really planning on splitting wood, for the house and the evap!