PDA

View Full Version : Maple seminar in NE Ohio

Gary R
04-17-2011, 07:02 AM
This is in two weeks. April 30th, 9 to 3. I hope everyone can read it. Karl Evans, Leader dealer, is hosting the seminar. He also buys and sells any other manufacture's equipment. Brad Gillian will be present and a vacuum and releaser demonstration will occur. I stopped at Karl's a couple of weeks ago. He has added on and re-tinned his barn. It is very nice and he has a large supply of inventory. Give him a call at 330-583-2892 if you want to attend. Oh ya, lunch is provided:)

Dfrenzy
05-01-2011, 04:22 AM
My son and I had the chance to attend the seminar yesterday. We both had a great time there. I learned so much my brain is still trying to keep up. Now my son is a different story! If you ask him anything about sugaring he is now an expert and thinks he knows more than the speaker from leader now. My son is 6 going on 7 and I think he remembers every word that man said word for word. He got on the phone with my dad last night and told my dad every little detail about the seminar. My dad and I were both in shock a to how much he had actually learned. The speaker was very informative and took us from start to finish on the whole process. Im finally starting to understand the whole process. On the lunch break I had the chance to get a tour from one of Karl Evans helpers. He was able to explain and show us how to run the lines in the woods. He then took us back to the sugar house and gave us step by step how everything worked. While I still have a ton to learn I have a much better picture now than I did before. I thought he had a nice turnout on a beautiful day. You know first impressions always count. Karl his wife his staff and the Rep from Leader have sold me on there products. I'm planning on taking a large step into this whole process and hopefully by next season. My son and I are planning on heading to the woods today to start some planning for next season. We just may be hooked now. Oh and anyone involved with this seminar yesterday thank you thank you thank you!
Dave.

Gary R
05-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Dave, sorry I should have searched you out. It was a great turn out. 50 to 60 producers for the AM session. Anyone looking at tubing or those that already have it would have been well served. As they said, syrup is made in the woods. I want to learn everything I can to get the most out of my taps. Good luck!