PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise metal shop

Brian Kloepfer
04-16-2011, 08:17 PM
I have found this fab shop that is making custom evaporators. Has any one herd of this place or have any of there flue pans.

Bucket Head
04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I don't have one but I saw one of their rigs at the maple conference in N.Y. back in January. It is an Amish/Menonite operated business. They had a 3x8 or 10 on display. Tig welded, 20ga., if I'm remembering correctly. It was not a shiney unit- it was made with what I call "mill finish" stainless. I thought it was pretty nice. Someone else must have thought so too since there was a "Sold" sign on it before the day was over.

If you don't like the price tags of the big factories and you don't mind not having the shiny pans, these rigs, and the ones that are made by some others on here are the way to go. They are half the price and boil sap just the same.

Steve

berryrd
04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Any contact info or location?

Bucket Head
04-17-2011, 12:20 PM
3070 W. 350 S, Topeka, Indiana 46571 Ph. 260-463-4026, fax. 260-463-4027

Like I said, their stuff looked good. The only thing that I did'nt like was the pre-heater plumbing. Both the inlet and outlet came out the top (faced up) of the pre-heater, so the sap feed pipe went straight up and out the top of the hood and then went over and down to the flue pan float box. That would require some head pressure I'm thinking and it would not drain by gravity. Unless there was a drain plug somewhere, how would you drain/clean the preheater? Other than that, they look good.

Steve

Marcland
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Sunrise Metal Shop in Topeka Indiana make superior evaporators ....and high polished as well.
Their equipment is made with heavier gauge stainless and the workmanship is almost flawless.
They are the smartest and most economical purchase in the maple industry...
especially dollar versus quality and peformance.
These workmen take much pride in their products.

heus
12-02-2012, 06:20 AM
I am impressed with their catalog. They seem to make lots of neat things for the maple industry. Their evaporators at LEME were also impressive.