PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a WF mason drop tube pan

Brian Kloepfer
04-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Does any one have a WF mason drop tube pan? How do you like it? Can you past some pictures of it? i would like to see some better pictures than the ones on his web site.

wiam
04-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Does any one have a WF mason drop tube pan? How do you like it? Can you past some pictures of it? i would like to see some better pictures than the ones on his web site.

I can take some pictures when the season is over. There are other threads answering the other questions

William

Brian Kloepfer
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks William

RickinFarmington
04-17-2011, 04:57 AM
I too am looking at Bill's drop tube 2x4.5 evaporator. Any inputs as to performance with and without a blower system?
For that matter, given the posted performance gains with blower systems, why would I NOT operate an evaporator with a blower?? Thanks.

wiam
04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
I too am looking at Bill's drop tube 2x4.5 evaporator. Any inputs as to performance with and without a blower system?
For that matter, given the posted performance gains with blower systems, why would I NOT operate an evaporator with a blower?? Thanks.

Don't know!

William

Brian Kloepfer
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Any one have pictures of a WF Mason drop tube pan?

BryanEx
04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
This is the one posted on Bill's web site;

PerryW
04-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Don't know about the smaller evaporators, but my 3x10 seems to almost boil too much if I open up it up, even without a blower. I find myself closing the damper up all the way when I burn pine slabs and I open it up about half-way when I burn split wood. If I open the thing up all the way, my 20 foot tall stack looks like a candle with the flame shooting out of the top! And it certainly sucks up the wood faster.

Of course, I always burn bone-dry wood. As soon as I put wood in with the slightest moisture, or NOT split small enough, the boiling rate goes WAY down.

morningstarfarm
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
perry, what is the rate of the 3x10?

marc
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
When I was cleaning my pans I took a few photos and added them to my photobucket. The tubes are 2 inch and are 5 feet long. It boils at 50 gph. The sides are 10 inches high so I can only run the blower on low or the sap will not stay in the back pan and makes one heck of a mess. I am very pleased with it, but I have only ever had flat pans in the past so I am a poor one to compare it to anything else. I will say that Bill is a great guy to talk with on the phone and always answers his e-mails. That means alot to me. I am going to have him build a steam hood with preheater this year. That should help get the evap rate up more. I hope this helps. Marc