PDA

View Full Version : improvements for next year?

Mike in NY
04-15-2011, 03:41 PM
What plans do you folks have? We are gonna add a wood shed onto side of sugar house and add a small shed to house our vaccum pump.

adk1
04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
The only improvement that I am making is I am actually gonna make sryup!:D

MainelyMaple
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Lots of work to do before next year. Need to continue thinning woods where we plan to add more taps. Gonna get up 2-3 new mainlines and hope to be around 750-1000 on vac next year. Need to do something about filtering so I think a filter press is in order. Would like to add an air tight door on the arch and AOF. Will also need to expand our sap room to make room for more tanks. I'd like to find a better vac pump. I want high vac. And lastly the cabin that house our pump and generator now needs to be fixed up so It can be used as a retail space. So a new shed will have to be built to house the pump. ...oh yeah and the sugarhouse needs a new roof. And I thought I was gonna get a break after the season ended

stoweski
04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
The only improvement that I am making is I am actually gonna make sryup!:D

:o Good plan!!!

Going to subscribe to this thread so I can send it to you in late January!

Me? I'm putting somewhere around 75% of my taps on tubing next season. Can't wait as I fell behind on boiling when we got big runs as I spent most of my evenings collecting instead of boiling.

Flat47
04-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm going to see about adding a day or two to the week. That or making the days 28 hours. Which ever is easiest so that I can work my [paying] job and sugar.

Ok, ok, ok. New wood shed. New roof over the storage tank. New collection tank.

3rdgen.maple
04-15-2011, 09:09 PM
This thread has already been started http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=12872&highlight=2012+upgrades