PDA

View Full Version : Any Negotiating on Equipment prices?

Bruce L
04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
It may seem like a stupid question,but I am heading down to the open houses on Friday,and was just wondering if there is room for any dickering like buying a new car when they give you the price on a new evaporator,or is it take it or leave it?
Bruce

802maple
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
It depends on how much you buy.

Haynes Forest Products
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Do you have a relationship with them? Will you be paying cash in full. It would be stupid for a equipment seller to NOT sell a evap for less than what they WANT to get for it. Making some money is better that no money. Now I wouldnt walk up to dealer in front of other customers and start blurting out your intentions. Some Manufactures wont let you undercut other dealers buy much. I also dislike it and find it rude to beat a guy up trying to get a good deal and after you get them to go low you say thanks Ill see what others are doing. You need to do your homework and know what the real going price is. Yea you have to start somewere. Start with the big guys and then look for the new guy that needs the sale. Then give it your best shot and remember not to pay all the money down and then wonder why your last on the dilivery list.

Dill
04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
What kind of margin are these guys operating on for major equipment?
I know with cars and tractors etc. The margin on new isn't that great, but they will cut you a deal hoping you'll come back for tubing spouts etc.

Kev
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
It may seem like a stupid question,but I am heading down to the open houses on Friday,and was just wondering if there is room for any dickering like buying a new car when they give you the price on a new evaporator,or is it take it or leave it?
Bruce

how much are you willing to dicker on the price of your syrup....:D

maplecrest
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
seeing that you are from canada, i would think you would want to deal direct from the canadian manufactures, cdl, lapierre ect. wont find any deals at leader unless you are interested in buying used they will dicker on those prices. there is a used equipmet sale at wh supply in sheldon vt. saturday at 2pm

DrTimPerkins
04-13-2011, 04:33 PM
It may seem like a stupid question,but I am heading down to the open houses on Friday,and was just wondering if there is room for any dickering...

You can always try...they do pretty good deals at the Open Houses, so there is likely to be less margin to play with.

bobbyjake
04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Do customers show up and haggle with you over your syrup prices? Do you give in?

wiam
04-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Do customers show up and haggle with you over your syrup prices? Do you give in?

If they were buying thousands of $ I could find wiggle room.

William

3rdgen.maple
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I had a customer haggle with my syrup pricing on a quart once. I said sure but hold on a minute, I then opened the quart and dumped some of it out in another container and said here you go. lol Never seen him again.

OneLegJohn
04-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Something is only worth what some one is willing to pay.