PDA

View Full Version : Seminar and Festival

220 maple
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I could not find a thread started for the equipment seminar and festival this weekend in Vermont, I should be there Thursday, Friday and half a day Sat., My equipment dealers driver bail out on him because he went from part time to full time on his job, so Henry B. asked me if I wanted to go, I'll be the guy in the WV Mountaineers hat with a Maple Leaf Pendant beside the WV. 220 Maple on here, First name Mark, say Hi and Introduce yourself and then you'll find out what my surname is. Hoping to meet several traders this weekend and visit some camps.

Mark 220 Maple

nymapleguy607
04-13-2011, 05:35 AM
I will be up there Friday and Saturday. Planning on going to all 3 open houses. Hope to meet lots of fellow traders

PARKER MAPLE
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
dose anybody have the event schedual for the weekend?

I heard that there one supplier up there thats putting on a pig roast and a used equipment auction on sat. Would love to no more about this anybody else herd about this??

Fred Henderson
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I plan on being the Fri. Might be in the market for a new and small evap being that I just sold 3x8. Then its on my way to look at a used 2x6 Leader and then down to White River Jct. to meet a friend from NH.

3% Solution
04-13-2011, 06:59 PM
How are we going to know each other??????
Are we going to wear our "Got Sap" shirts???????
Myself and NHMapleMaker will be there.

waysidemaple
04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Starting to get really pumped for the weekend. Spaced out about half way through classes today. Just trailed off thinking about where to place mainlines and try to figure out some sort of order on what I need to get first and so on down the line. Ill be wearing a tan ball cap that says mathews solo cam on it, with my grandpa wearing the heaviest winter coat he has and an oxygen tank. We shouldnt be that hard to spot. Looking forward to meeting a few people.
Scott

220 maple
04-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Having the time of my life, I've been going to seminars and going to large sugar houses in the evening time. Some of them still in operation, one producer gave me the honor of setting the sample bottle in the window frame, number 454. One producer last number on his sample bottle 528. One camp that has over 16000 taps and had made over 9000 gallon.
And another camp with 35000 taps. And on top of that I got to meet Dr. Tim and some others that are on Mapletrader. Picked up some items at Leader, going to CDL tomorrow then to D&G and then home.

Mark 220 Maple

220 maple
04-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I met some special people last week in Vermont, The Corey Brothers, Gary, Jeff and Tim. They would make any parent proud. All three have top notch sugarhouse. Also Branon Family Maple Orchard, Tom, Kyle and the uncle who helps during sugaring season, also Mrs Branon who checks lines everyday except when she is making the Festival a suscess. And the young son who is attending college in Burlington, he came home for the weekend and gave me tour of the vacuum pumps and sap storage tanks, and RO room. Gene Branon of Branon West View Maples, answered every question asked by our group, he knows maple and he is young, probably in his twenties. All of these folks are friendly and helpful. This is my first list others to follow later when I have more time.

Mark 220 Maple

maplwrks
04-20-2011, 06:03 AM
You saw some top shelf operations if you met all of those people----it's fun to watch large operations like that run.

220 maple
04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Maplwrks- Mike
I was very lucky my first ever trip to Vermont and I was the official driver for Mr. Henry Brenneman a sales rep for Leader, CDL and D&G, after about two days I started calling Henry the Mayor of Maple, I never turned my GPS on after we got to Swanton on Thursday mourning, I followed Henry's directions and never got lost. He has been going to Vermont for the past 20 plus years buying equipment and syrup. The folks he knows in the world of maple is unbelievable. The sales people at Leader all know Henry,they all said he moves alot of equipment and tubing. He told me he moved 400 rolls of 3 quarter mainline in the last year. That's a couple miles? I met several dealers for Leader on Thursdays and Friday, Marty and Nick Wendell from New York, Marty said their trees really produced this spring, 42 gallon to the taphole. But one of my favorites was the dealer from Somerset County, Maine. Not only is he a dealer for Leader, he is also the President of the Somerset County Maple Assoc. He is president over 2 million taps, Somerset County Maine is noted as the number one producing county in USA. He said most of the big camps are on the Golden Road, most are 100,000 taps or more. He said with the weather pattern they should be able to make syrup up to or into May. I asked him how many taps he has, his answer 5500, I said I guess that makes him a hobby producer in his county, he basically agreed with my comment.

Mark 220 Maple

Sugarmaker
04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Mark,
Thanks for the comments. I have not been there:(. Sounds like you had a great time!
Regards,
Chris

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Mr Henry Brenneman is Amish and is an awesome guy to deal with. He has a reputation that proceeds him and it is a fabulous reputation and that is why he is so well known and liked. Yes, he does move a lot of equipment but you wouldn't know it if you just drove by his place. I have been dealing with him for close to 10 years and he is tremendous to deal with. Might have to check on being his driver for next year. It is about a 520 mile round trip for me to his place but worth it as I have dealers a lot closer but not nearly as good to deal with as Henry.

220 maple
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Brandon,
Sue Jefferies from Wagner's Camp, neighbor of Henry and Rhoda has already suggested a boy-girl truck caravan next year. Henry and I in my truck and Sue,Rhoda and my wife in her truck. Brandon my wife suggested a convoy. North Bound and Down. On Friday we met up with JR Enis (sp?) and his daughter Molly and Mike Lynch and Big Daddy all from Somerset County Pa. Henry and I became their tour guide Friday evening, Mike Lynch is on this site his name is Mike L he is the LaPierre dealer in Somerset County. Young guy and pro Maple. More Later

Mark 220 Maple