PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Blizzard

PerryW
04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
It's snowing like crazy here in the Littleton Area. We've got about 8 inches of wet snow on the ground and it's coming down hard.

Bill'sSugarShack
04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
We dodged a bullet here in Claremont...maybe an inch n a half befor changing to drizle shower..

eustis22
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
ok, what does spring snow do to the sap run?

CBOYER
04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Right now we have received 6 inches up north, lot more to come,winds, a guy from Ct try a u turn was stock in my driveway, he have rent a van whit summer tires, threads almost finish. He doesnt know the van has ESP, so he cannot move in heavy snowbank. Lot of cars off the roads...

Dill
04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd say we have 8 or 9 on the ground here at home. Lee only got 5. Good afternoon to be in the sugarhouse. Luckily we haven't lost power.

red maples
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I guess we got about 6 inches over night into this morning. but just sleet,rain all day. just sloppy outside I don't think it will last long here. I am just glad our vehicles and just drive through it....don't have to worry about plowing it:)

Backyard Sapper66
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Got 6" of slushy yucky snow here in Alexandria. Collected 37 gallons off of 55 taps today. Hopefully it will melt over the next few days.

KenWP
04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Snowed all day here also.Really tired of this wet stuff.Drove home pretty slow as I am a wuss when it comes to slippery roads.

Cardigan99
04-01-2011, 07:40 PM
ok, what does spring snow do to the sap run?

I'm no expert on this, but in Dr Tim's absence I can say with some authority, the sap was flying out of the trees these last 24 or so hours here in Alexandria.

cpmaple
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
here in northeastern ny next to lake champlain we got a trace of snow then nothing all day and no sap run either never got below freezing last night. Hope it drops tonight for a run tomorrow next some more sap hoping for one more good week of boiling to bring up my total for the year. Loving my new to me 5x10 evaporator.

TapME
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
12'' here in the falls. Wet sticky stuff. can't boil for the evap is outside. Bad part is that the sap is running hard again and I have no more space for sap. Will boil in the AM.
Card; I'm with you these are runs to remember

3rdgen.maple
04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Local weather idiot said 12 inches here. Didnt even get a snowflake. Same guy today said well mother nature gave me an April fools. Then proceeds to give todays forcast and said the high for the day was 32 and the low 35 and the current temp is 39 degrees. I think the guy is on drugs or something. His low is already higher than his high and his current temp was higher than all of them.

morningstarfarm
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
heard all about this supposed blizzard..We were in NJ all week for out first horseshow...we just got home and there is no snow...I think this was just a sick joke you all are playing...

Cardigan99
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
12'' here in the falls. Wet sticky stuff. can't boil for the evap is outside. Bad part is that the sap is running hard again and I have no more space for sap. Will boil in the AM.
Card; I'm with you these are runs to remember

Tap, I don't know what it is, but some of the best runs I've ever seen were when it was snowing. We had a big weekend. Well as big as it gets on a 2x6, but we went for 18.5 hours Saturday and went through close to 500 gallons of sap. Got another 500 (still from last weekend) in tanks ready to go for Friday. By far the biggest runs we've ever had. That will be the end for us though, the wood situation is getting down there.