PDA

View Full Version : Filter Press Hose

MillbrookMaple
03-31-2011, 09:47 PM
What is the best hose to get for using with a filter press? I have 1/2 inch barbed fittings on all my ports. Also where might I buy hose for a good price.

sapman
04-01-2011, 01:35 AM
The hose they used to use, and what I still use, is the clear dairy milk service hose. I bought some more of it at a milking systems dealer.

softmaple
04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
usplastics.com

tygon milk hose

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23442&catid=571

MillbrookMaple
04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info. The only thing I wanted to check is that they state the Max working temp is 165 for the tygon milk hose. I try to filter while the syrup is still around 200 degrees. They are probably covering themselves but I wanted to make sure the hose can withstand the heat.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Bascoms sells hose designed for hot syrup and filter presses. If you are going to pay that much for it, I would order it from Bascoms and be certain. Not worth taking a chance on something failing and someone getting boiling hot syrup all over them or pumping a quart or two of it all over walls and floor. Just wasting that much syrup would pay for the hose from Bascoms.

Hot syrup burns are way worse than same temperature hot water burns.

markct
04-02-2011, 01:00 PM
the hose from bascoms is just dairy hose, it works great, its a very thick clear hose. the price from bascoms is a little more than the dairy suppliers but not much, not enough to make me do a seperate order from the dairy supply if im already doing a bascom order

softmaple
04-02-2011, 10:11 PM
The tygon hose is the exact same hose bascom sells. It is what I bought from bascom it is what is printed on the hose. This is what I use on my filter press.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-03-2011, 07:34 AM
The tygon hose is the exact same hose bascom sells. It is what I bought from bascom it is what is printed on the hose. This is what I use on my filter press.

That's good to know. US Plastics is a great company and tremendous to deal with.

brookledge
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm assuming the reason it is rated for 165 is to keep it clear. I use it and after a while of having 200 plus syrup going through it turns foggy. You can still see the syrup going through it just not as clear.
Keith

MillbrookMaple
04-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the great info.