PDA

View Full Version : I'm anxious to see what today brings!

John c
03-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Here in my neck of the woods the forecast looks ideal. It's gonna be hard to look away from the buckets today in anticipation, but as they say, "a watched pot never boils!"

PerryW
03-30-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping for a decent run also. My thermometer is reading 35 deg at 10:30 which is the warmest it has been in 7+ days. I suspect it will still be sluggish getting going because of all the cold, but it will be a good day to walk the lines and check for leaks.

EDIT 10:45: Yee haw, I'm seeing the sun at last and just heard a chunk of ice fall off the roof

SPILEDRIVER
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Here in my neck of the woods the forecast looks ideal. It's gonna be hard to look away from the buckets today in anticipation, but as they say, "a watched pot never boils!"

hey john can you say big sap????its running like mad rite up the road from you!

John c
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
hey john can you say big sap????its running like mad rite up the road from you!

Yes I can say BIG SAP! Yep up here by the airport it's running like crazy! Looks like I'll be boiling sooner than I thought!

talahi maple products
03-30-2011, 01:17 PM
My trees on southern slope ran good yesterday, 250 gallons @ 2.5%. and everything is half full again today. I'm taking thurs & fri off vacation to cook 4 days straight. yeehaw!:D

PerryW
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
As of 3 PM, my littleton NH bush is just getting going, but I think I should still get at least 300 gallons by dark. Very productive walk in the bush, found at least 50 taps that would have run on the ground. Several animal chews, a couple popped off fittings and a couple health spout adapters that came loose. All that wind over the past several days probably cause most of the leaks.