PDA

View Full Version : New to Sugaring

Troutman10
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Well I'm brand new to sugarin'...I have a very, very small operation as of Sunday. It'll give me a spoonful of sugar if I'm lucky. Bought 3 taps and 3 bag set-ups hoping that I wasn't too late to try things out for a week or so. I tapped a tree in my back yard and 2 at a neighbors house. My personal tree is giving me a good amount with today being my best day. All trees were tapped Sunday Morning. A good amount of trees in my area are budded, but I still found an ok number of trees around that haven't budded. I think I have 2 or 3 gallons of sap from the tree in my yard and about 1 or 2 gallons each at my neighbors set-ups. I almost don't know where to start b/c so many questions are running through my head. I'm sure I'll be busy asking questions on the rest of the forum for quite a while. How's everything goin for people right now? Is it over? If today is any indication how things can speed up then I think the next 4-5 days should be pretty good for me until Sunday. Anyways, good to be here. I will mirror what others have said...this is addicting!

briduhunt
03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey welcome to the madness of maple sugaring, a great addition. I just sent you a pm. If there is anything I can help you with just ask.

Brian