PDA

View Full Version : making cream

MorrillMaple
03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
so i just bought a cream machine and was reading the directions. it said that once you boil the syrup it has to go in a cold water bath with continuously circulating water for a minimum of 6 hours...is this true? doe the water have to be always circulating? i thought it was you heat it up and let it cool in cold water to a certain temperature? then you run it thru..any info please help i read alot of the posts here just need reassurance. thanks!!

wiam
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Water does not need to circulate. I have cooled outside in snow. Temp is more important than time. Cool to a max of 100 degrees.

William

Sugarmaker
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I have cooled the syrup by placing in a freezer overnight. Lately you don't have to put it in a freezer just let it set on the counter when the sugar house is only 30 degrees:)
I then warm the outside of the pan in warm water to soften it back up so I can spoon it into the machine.
What type machine did you buy?
Chris

wiam
03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
I cook mine in the pan for my homemade turntable machine so when it is cool I do not have to transfer it.

William

MorrillMaple
03-30-2011, 06:05 AM
i bought the cdl cream machine. it looks like a nice machine so im excited to try it out this weekend.

sfsshadow
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
we cook ours in the pan to 234.then set the pan in a larger pan with cold water.cool to 70. we change the water maybe twice