PDA

View Full Version : Glad to have found you!

MI Maple Girl
03-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi all, thought I would introduce myself. This is my fourth year tapping trees. I love everything about making maple syrup. My husband was VERY reluctant but once we drilled our first tree and hung up a milk carton and heard the drip, drip, drip, we were both hooked! I love tromping through the woods with my five gallon buckets gathering syrup on a bright blue sunny day (like today!) I love watching my containers fill up with the golden syrup. (The burning part is okay, :)
I was looking around the internet looking for filtering ideas (I just know there has to be a better way) and found this forum. We have had a very cold cold snap and have had a bit of a break so was able to spend way too much time reading all the threads. I know one other person that makes syrup but have been basically on my own. So what joy to find all of you that are crazy about the same hobby as I am! I've had quite a few chuckles and gotten some good ideas.
I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Lynette

MI Maple Girl
03-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Oops, my first time on a forum, I think I was suppose to put this somewhere else.

whalems
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the trader! you will find that there are alot of helpfull folks on here. don't hesitate to ask questions. looks to be a good week here in the northern lower to make syrup so good luck. Where are you from? What do you boil on? How many taps? have fun, Mike

Bucket Head
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcome aboard! We are glad you found this site too. Its a great resource. Good luck this season.

Steve

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Welcome from a crazy flat lander:lol:

KV Sappers
03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to Maple Trader. I'm new at this also. My first year, tapped 6 trees and made 1 1/2 gal. of syrup this year. This is a great site but I must warn you ..... maple tapping can get very ADDICTIVE!!!

Ausable
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey -- Welcome to the Maple Trader -- Nope - You are not alone -- This is a great site as You already know. I learned more about making Maple Syrup on this site in a year ---- then I did the fifteen years prior to finding this site. Yep - Looks like the weather just might give us a break -- about time -- Make lots of Maple -- Mike

ComputerSteve
03-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome! I just joined this year and there is a LOT of good info from good people here, and all you have to do is ask.

3rdgen.maple
03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Welcome from a crazy flat lander:lol:

He is not kidding when he say crazy. Only guy I know that would put a heater on a poly tank and put concrete blocks on it to make it smaller so he can stick it in his jeep. LOL Welcome aboard and there is alot of info and a little hazing on this site. Unlike all the other forums (non maple) it is a rare occasion, if any at all of degading people. It is a great group of guys and gals. And remember no question is a dumb question cause we all have asked them once or twice in our lives. Good luck this season. And be sure to put something in your signature about your setup and tap counts etc. Its nice to see what people are doing.

CBOYER
03-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Could be worse if he put heater, and vaccuum to reduce and pressure after to inflate inside of his Jeep:lol:

SDdave
03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
And remember no question is a dumb question cause we all have asked them once or twice in our lives.

I second that...but I think I do that twice a day:lol:

SDdave