PDA

View Full Version : firewood

chefchap
03-28-2011, 12:57 PM
hi any you guys in the or near the casco area have any soft wood they would want to sell for a decent price thankyou

TapME
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Try looking in craigs list for anyone that has pine slabs to start. If nothing there call parent lumber and see if you can get something from them(slabs).

sapsick
03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
my wifes uncle lives in freeport and has a portable sawmill will plenty of dry spruce and pine slabwood he would like to part with.is this close enuf for you?

TapME
03-29-2011, 06:21 AM
my wifes uncle lives in freeport and has a portable sawmill will plenty of dry spruce and pine slabwood he would like to part with.is this close enuf for you?

If the season last another week I may have interest if chef doen't. Send me a PM with the info if that is the case. Thx

chefchap
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
sapsick that would be great much better then limington which is where i usually get it do you have his phone number so i can contact him prob would like to pick it up by tomarrow

sapsick
03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
his name is Dave Newell and his number is 865-1268. you can tell him that Casey gave you his number.

chefchap
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
thanks for the info i also finally got in contact with a local mill that gave me some timber but i may need a little more so i will give him a call

patrick
04-07-2011, 06:41 AM
i live in bingham and its my second yr what type of wood should i get for boiling sap? i used mostly pine this yr any ideas?

TapME
04-07-2011, 06:49 AM
i live in bingham and its my second yr what type of wood should i get for boiling sap? i used mostly pine this yr any ideas?

Anything that burns is my motto. No pt or stuff that has bad things in it. We use all wood that we done use for heating the house. Like pine, spruce,hemlock and it works great. If you have access to hard wood for free then go for it. Just remember to split it small about wrist size for the best burn. Hope this helps